You can now submit proposals for Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2023. A scalable and sustainable application that can serve as a reference point for the Nigerian tourism sector. In addition, the top 5 proposals will be invited to a physical hackathon at the UNWTO Global Tourism Conference to be held in Lagos, and the overall winners will receive prizes, as well as an invitation to startup accelerator programs, mentorship, and other resources to build out their solution.
Application Deadline: November 4, 2022
What to Build
- Scalable applications anticipated from the participating developers should be built on top of flexible platforms and must aim to provide innovative, safe, and sustainable experiences for consumers and business travelers.
- You are expected to build applications that ensure parties in the Nigerian Tourism ecosystem can have user-friendly access and take into consideration Smart integration of information, Multimodal mobility services, and Customized route optimization, with Sustainability for continuous improvements in place.
- Your solution should present a functional user experience to anyone, anywhere, no matter how remote. This includes serving areas of low internet penetration and low smartphone adoption.
Prizes for the Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2023
- Winners stand a chance to win both cash and in-kind prizes
- A Fully Funded trip to Madrid, Spain to represent Nigeria at the UNWTO Innovation Challenge is another benefit for Grand Prize Winners
- Acceptance into the Acceleration program
- Access to follow-up funding from BYCEP and partners
- Also, Mentorship from BYCEP and partners is guaranteed
Other benefits include:
- Developer Badges for everyone that completes a successfully submitted app or web service
- Access to partner companies looking to hire developers
- Access to partner companies with project managers with experience building or managing Enterprise applications.
Before the 4th of November for you or your team to be eligible for the ﬁnal stage held at the UNWTO Global Conference on the 14th of November, you must complete the submission of interest
Join the BICEP Slack channels to start engaging with fellow builders and creators and Technical administrators for the Hackathon.
Each individual must fill out this Google Form to participate.
- Apply as an individual or form a team of three persons and select a team lead. (We encourage having female representation).
- All team members are to join Slack if they are yet to do so (Stage 1).
Lastly, for More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022.