ONA-Poynter Leadership Academy Accelerator Program for Women in Digital Media
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is a yearlong intensive program. It supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. Each year we welcome a cohort of women representing a range of backgrounds, expertise, and newsrooms around the globe.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator kicks off with a week of tailored, immersive programming for 26 promising women leaders at UCLA Meyer & Renee Luskin Conference Center. ONA provides support and coaching to participants throughout the year; the program culminates with a workshop at ONA’s annual conference.
In addition to learning leadership skills and tools for navigating change, participants focus on a challenge specific to their careers, whether an obstacle to overcome or an aspirational goal to achieve, either within their organizations or as an independent project.
- The Accelerator is designed for practitioners working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs, and independent journalists, who are pushing innovation in digital media.
- .This means we’re looking for women who not only have an understanding of the digital journalism landscape They should be active in helping to advance it in innovative ways.
- Applicants should have leadership experience, which can mean managing people or projects, and be committed to further developing their skills.
- Innovation means different things in different markets, and we consider that when reviewing applications.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance, and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders.
- A year of check-ins and practical targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel, and accommodations for the 2023 Online News Association Conference (ONA23) in Atlanta.
- A half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA23.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
How to Apply
- For more information and scholarship application details, see; application details, see; ONA-Poynter Leadership Academy Accelerator Program for Women in Digital Media