Table of Contents
The Snowdon Masters Scholarships are intended for talented disabled students who desire to pursue studies at any university in the UK.
This scholarship aims to identify and support eligible students in their higher education journey, nurturing them to become influential figures in the future. The program invites applications from individuals who exhibit the potential to instigate change and inspire others.
Recipients of the Snowdon Masters Scholarship are typically outstanding students in their chosen fields who also demonstrate leadership qualities either in their workplace or through extracurricular activities. Therefore, if you are someone living with a disability yet possess a strong determination for success, this program is tailored for you.
The Snowdon Trust offers grants to physically disabled and sensory impaired students enrolled in UK universities. Established by the First Earl of Snowdon, who contracted polio during childhood, the trust has supported over 2,700 students in their pursuit of higher education.
The program offers a generous scholarship to chosen students, which includes the following benefits:
- You will receive up to £15,000 per year to cover tuition fees for a one or two-year UK Masters course.
- Selected applicants will also receive a £15,000 allowance to cover living expenses while studying in the UK.
Successful applicants for the scholarship must demonstrate some or all of the following qualities:
- The scholarship is available to students with physical or sensory disabilities.
- Candidates must exhibit exceptional leadership qualities and the capacity to effect change within and outside their academic sphere.
- Applicants should have a history of academic excellence in their chosen fields.
- Candidates must possess the ability to advocate for and advance disability issues.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have shown leadership potential and a clear drive for success.
Applicants must complete the application form by the February 29, 2024 deadline using the online scholarship application portal. While it’s mandatory for applicants to have secured an offer for their preferred master’s degree program, they can concurrently apply for both the scholarship and their Master’s course. However, acceptance from the chosen university must be received by the selection date.
The application entails providing bio information, area of study, and previous academic experience. Additionally, applicants must respond to several essay questions, as these will play a crucial role in determining eligibility during the selection process.