Table of Contents
About the KNB Indonesian Government Scholarship 2024/25
The KNB Scholarship is officially known as the Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang. The KNB Indonesian Government Scholarship 2024/25 applications are now open. The KNB Scholarship program is a prestigious opportunity that provides full funding for individuals seeking to pursue their undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degrees at participating universities in Indonesia. The program offers a staggering 1,457 study programs across 31 Indonesian universities. With such a diverse range of academic offerings, the KNB Scholarship program is an excellent choice for students looking to enhance their education in Indonesia.
A total of 222 scholarships will be awarded, with 30 for bachelors, 162 for masters, and 30 for PhD. Scholarship applicants will be chosen in 2024 by the Republic of Indonesia’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology. The KNB scholarship 2024 comes with full funding, which includes health insurance, living expenses, tuition, a monthly stipend, settlement assistance, and airfare. Sounds nice? Then keep reading this article because it is a thorough overview of the scholarship inclusive of the guidelines for applying for the KNB scholarship, as well as the requirements.
Please note that one (1) year of the Indonesian Language Training Program (BIPA) is compulsory for all applicants.
- Bachelors: 8 Semesters (48 Months)
- Masters: 4 Semesters (24 Months)
- PhD: 8 Semesters (48 Months)
- Settlement allowance for new students upon arrival in Indonesia.
- The Tuition fee covered
- Students will receive a Living Allowance
- Research and Book allowance
- Health Insurance
- Economy Class Air Ticket
- Local Transport to Host University
Note: All KNB Scholars will leave the country after 60 days of graduation. The host university will book a return ticket for the scholar.
KNB Scholarship 2024 Requirements
- Be a citizen of a developing country, as defined by the Indonesian government.
- Meet the academic requirements of the chosen program and university.
- Provide IELTS, TOEFL ITP, TOEFL IBT, and TOEIC.
- Participants who come from English-speaking countries are exempt from the English Language Test.
- Participants who have completed their previous education at an English-medium institute are exempt from the English Language Test; they will show English Language Proficiency Proof.
- The maximum age is 21 years for a bachelor’s scholarship.
- The maximum age is 35 years for a master’s scholarship.
- The maximum age is 40 years for a PhD scholarship.
- Provide a recommendation letter to apply for the KNB Scholarship from the Indonesian embassy or Indonesian consulate.
- Provide an academic recommendation letter.
- A completed online application form.
How to Apply
All the application processes are managed through the KNB scholarship website (link below). When on the website, follow the following steps:
- Submit the documents.
- Complete the online application process.
- The selection results will be broadcast online through the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
Interested candidates are advised to read the scholarship application guide on the official website linked below, as it contains more details about the scholarship, the requirements, the application process, the list of universities, their contacts, and the list of degree programs.
The application and selection process will be highly competitive and will be assessed based on the candidate’s academic qualifications, extracurricular activities, and personal statement. Candidates must also meet the minimum eligibility requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
Other opportunities you can consider: