Table of Contents
About the Government of Ireland International 2024 Scholarship Programme
Applications are now being accepted for the Government of Ireland International 2024 Scholarship. The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship (GOI-IES) program provides funding to exceptional international students who wish to pursue master’s or doctoral studies in Ireland. The Irish government sponsors the program, which is administered in conjunction with Irish universities and is overseen by the Higher Education Authority. Sixty full-time master’s or doctoral scholarships are given out annually as part of the initiative. Any field of study can be pursued by program participants.
The scholarships cover tuition fees and provide a monthly stipend for living expenses. The duration of the scholarship is two years for master’s students and four years for doctoral students. Successful applicants must also demonstrate English language proficiency.
Benefits of the Government of Ireland International 2024 Scholarship Programme
- The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship entitles recipients to a stipend of €10,000 for a full year of master’s or doctoral studies.
- The host higher education institutions of the recipients must waive all their fees for the year of the grant. It is expected that successful scholars will begin their studies in September or October of 2024.
- Candidates for a Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship must be citizens of countries other than the United Kingdom, Switzerland, the European Union, or the European Economic Area.
- Under the admissions policies of the appropriate higher education institution, candidates must apply for admission to a master’s or doctoral program.
- The applicant must submit a copy of the conditional or final offer of admission to the higher education institution at the time of application.
- The offer letter must attest to the fact that the student, an international fee-paying student, has been extended an offer of enrollment in a full-time program.
How To Apply
- To find out if they qualify to apply, prospective candidates should carefully review the call documentation.
- Please note that this is merely an indicative version of the application form.
- Applications must be submitted via the online portal (link below).
- All applications require two references to be uploaded via the online portal.
- It is advised that applicants submit their applications well in advance of the deadline to prevent technical difficulties brought on by high server traffic on that day. Submissions are not accepted after the deadline has passed.
- Once an application has been filed, it cannot be changed.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate:
- a history of exceptional academic success;
- outstanding ability to communicate;
- proof of involvement in extracurricular activities, such as political activism, humanitarian service, the arts, or sports; and
- a compelling justification for studying in Ireland that shows how receiving an International Education Scholarship from the Government of Ireland would advance their long-term objectives.
The applications for higher education will be sent to the appropriate institutions initially. These institutions will then assess the eligibility of the candidates and shortlist them based on how well they fit with the institutional strategy goals. After the shortlisting, the applications that make it through will be evaluated by a group of impartial foreign assessors. All of the information on the assessment procedure can be found in the call document.
Bear in mind that the application deadline is March 13, 2024.
Other opportunities you can consider: