Applications are open for the NIHCM Foundation Health Care Digital Media Award 2023. The NIHCM Foundation Health Care Digital Media Award recognizes excellence in digital media that improves understanding of health care topics through analysis grounded in empirical evidence.
Also, the NIHCM Awards recognize the tremendous contributions of researchers and journalists who brought to light new evidence that advances the health system and the health of Americans.
- A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
- To be eligible, aspirants should originally publish their entries in 2022
- Entry has a limitation to articles featuring digital content produced specifically for an online audience, which may include video, graphics and/or multimedia.
- Entries should not be largely the same as stories that ran in print publications or that were broadcast on television or radio.
- Entries must examine issues that has relation to health or the health care system.
- Entries that express policy preferences will receive consideration only if it has support from citation of empirical evidence.
- Entries will get acceptance from news sites, independent blogs, newspapers or journals, and blogs that has an association with universities or other organizations.
- Influential in terms of sparking policy change, broadly informing the public and/or stimulating conversation on timely issues
- Effective use of the unique powers and attributes of digital media
- The digital content should be the focus of the story and the central storytelling tool
- Logical, clear and insightful analysis
- Also, usage of credible evidence to substantiate ideas is essential
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are: linked by topic or produced by the same author or by a collaborative team of authors
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts have a link to topic and the articles receives recognition as a series
Click here to apply
Applicants are to completely submit applications before the Deadline: January 31, 2023