Table of Contents
Introduction to the LSHTM Fund Scholarships
Applications are now open for the LSHTM Fund Scholarships 2024/2025 for students from developing countries. This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 2024/2025.
This scholarship has been made possible by donors to the LSHTM Fund. Supported by hundreds of alumni and friends, the LSHTM Fund provides scholarships for the next generation of global health leaders. This year’s scholarship is intended to support an excellent candidate who could not take up a place of study without this financial support.
Available Field(s) of Study
The eligible MSc programmes of study for this award are the 16 London-based MSc programmes offered by and administered by LSHTM. This scholarship is not available for our distance learning programmes or our joint programmes with KCL (MSc Global Mental Health) or RVC (MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 2024–25.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be nationals of and residents of low- to middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank);
- intend to return to a low- to middle-income country on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (as required by LSHTM’s Admissions system);
- a first- or upper-second-class honours undergraduate degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard;
- hold an offer of admission for 2024–25 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based (intensive) MSc programmes of study.
The selection panel awarding this highly competitive scholarship will consider applicants’ experience, qualifications, and potential, looking for those with the greatest potential to accelerate in their career and make significant contributions to public and global health and/or health-related research (following a year’s study at LSHTM).
Benefits of the Fund Scholarships
The scholarship award comprises of
- 2024–25 tuition fees (at the overseas fee rate), including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00
How to Apply
The application process has two steps. To be considered for funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 04 March 2024.
- Step 1
- Submit an application for 2024–25 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- Step 2
- In your application to study, you should select the scholarships you are applying for in the ‘FUNDING DETAILS’ part of the application form. If you do not select the LSHTM Fund Scholarship on your application, you will not be considered for this funding.
- Attach a scholarship application form to your application to study, completed in Step 1. A completed scholarship application form must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only scholarship attachment required (as applicants should have already submitted references, transcripts, a CV, etc. as part of their application for study).
It is important to go through all application requirements and instructions before applying. Click the link below to visit the official announcement page for the scholarship.
Also apply to: