Table of Contents
Introduction to the Oulu Masters Scholarships
Applications have been announced for the Oulu University masters scholarships 2024/2025 for international students. The University of Oulu, located in Finland, offers scholarships to international students who have demonstrated exceptional academic abilities.
These scholarships are aimed at students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA member state and are designed to help cover their tuition fees. As per the policies of the university, these students are required to pay the tuition fee unless they are eligible for a scholarship. The scholarship program is a great opportunity for international students who are looking to pursue their higher education in Finland.
The Finland masters scholarships are aimed at students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu’s two-year international Master’s programs. The scholarship is for one academic year and covers the full international tuition fee.
To retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 55 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g., due to a serious illness).
Available Masters Scholarships Courses
- Architectural Design
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Ecology and Population Genetics
- Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining
- Education and globalization
- Learning, Education and Technology
- Product Management
- Protein Science and Biotechnology
- Software, Systems and Services Development in Global Environment
- Wireless Communications Engineering
Candidates are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu Masters Scholarship 2024/2025 if they are:
- Non-EU/EEA citizens who do not have a permanent residence permit in Finland.
- Eligible to apply for a Master’s degree programme at the University of Oulu for the academic year 2024/2025.
- The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (a bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education.
- The applicant proves a high level of proficiency in the English language. Approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency.
- Applicants who are in their last term or semester of studies during the application period can apply for the scholarship. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Master’s programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.
Benefits of the Masters Scholarships
The tuition fee is an academic fee that is charged by educational institutions to cover the costs of providing education to students. This fee is typically used to pay for things such as faculty salaries, classroom materials, and other academic-related expenses. It’s important to note that the tuition fee does not cover other expenses that students may incur while attending school, such as housing, food, and transportation. Therefore, it is the responsibility of all students to make arrangements to finance their living costs independently. It’s important to budget appropriately to ensure that all living expenses can be met while pursuing an education.
How to Apply
Note that the application timeline is from January 3, 2024, to January 17, 2024 (15.00 GMT +2). There is no separate application for the International Finland Scholarships. All applicants for University of Oulu Master’s degree programmes need to complete the Student Application Form. Those applicants who are applying for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship have to additionally complete the “Application for Scholarship,” which can be found at the end of the Student Application Form. The International Master’s Scholarship application form cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Student Application Form. For more information, click the link below.
Applicants also visit: