Table of Contents
Introduction to the Global Health Corps Paid Fellowship
Applications are now open for the Global Health Corps Paid Fellowship 2024-2025. We believe that everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement. Are you in? Then you should send in your application for the new fellowship class.
Global Health Corps is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to empowering and building the next generation of inclusive and diverse health leaders. Our mission is to provide a range of paid fellowship positions with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia to individuals who are passionate about the health equity movement and want to develop as transformative leaders in this field.
Our fellows work alongside local health organizations and communities to address critical health challenges and promote health equity. Through our fellowship program, we provide a unique opportunity for individuals to gain hands-on experience, develop leadership skills, and grow their network of like-minded individuals who are committed to creating a healthier and more equitable world. We believe that everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement, and we invite you to join us in this important work.
The Global Health Corps Fellowship is looking for a global and diverse group of passionate and talented emerging leaders who:
- Are willing to push themselves outside their comfort zones, embrace failure, and approach a personally transformative year—with many challenges in the day-to-day—with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Are you ready to strengthen and use their voice—the most powerful tool for change that you have—to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health?
- We are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing wicked problems, and being ready to embrace failure as learning.
- You are committed to bringing your best and doing the work day-to-day, showing up as a critical part of the global health equity movement.
- Are passionate about social justice in global health and about finding and building their voices to effect health impact.
- We are committed to inclusivity and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds, while investing in and supporting others.
GHC welcomes young professionals from Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe to apply for paid 13-month fellowships with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
By the start of the fellowship, fellows must:
- Be 30 years of age or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Benefits of the Global Health Corps Paid Fellowship
Yearlong paid placements within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems.
- In addition to on-the-job training, we engage fellows in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Fellows receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- Monthly living and utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- A professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from the placement site, all trainings, and retreats
How to Apply for Global Health Corps Paid Fellowship
Applications for our 2024–2025 Africa fellowship class are now open until January 10, 2024. Late applications will not be considered. Interested candidates are advised to go through the application requirements before applying. You can view the application requirements and other viable information by clicking the link below.
Applicants also visit: