Table of Contents
Introduction to the FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2024-2025
Applications are now open for the FAO-Hungary scholarship 2024-2025. The FAO-Hungary scholarship 2024-2025 programme is a fantastic opportunity for a select group of young professionals who wish to pursue a master’s degree in the agricultural field. This scholarship programme provides the chance to study in English at one of Hungary’s prestigious agricultural universities.
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, and travel costs, making it an all-inclusive package. Successful applicants will receive a comprehensive scholarship package that includes a wide range of benefits, such as health insurance, research support, and networking opportunities. This programme is an ideal platform for young professionals who are passionate about the agricultural sector and want to build a rewarding career in this field.
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship 2024-2025 Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo1, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
Eligible Institutions and Available Courses
The following universities in Europe are participating:
- Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Buda Campus, Budapest
The following Master of Science degree courses is offered in English for the 2024–25 academic year:
- Master in Environmental Engineering – Sopron University, Sopron
- Master in Crop Production Engineering – Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Szent István Campus, Gödöllő
- Master in Horticultural Engineering – Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Buda Campus, Budapest
Candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
The FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2024-2025 selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2023.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
- Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary which will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the 2 applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETED dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each successful candidate. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Benefits of the FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2024-2025
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
How to Apply for FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2024-2025
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL (to REU-Scholarship@fao.org) consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of the high school or college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of the certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- A health certificate issued by a medical doctor
- A Certificate of Good Conduct that is issued by the local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in English. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is. Note that the deadline for applications is February 29th, 2024.
Candidates also apply to: