Table of Contents
Introduction to the UCD Global Excellence Scholarships.
Applications are now open for the UCD Global Excellence Scholarships. The Scholarship Program is funded by UCD International and aims to attract excellent candidates to UCD’s undergraduate and graduate programs and encourage early application. The scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded to outstanding students from around the world.
When it comes to applying for this scholarship, academic excellence is just one of the many factors that are taken into account. Apart from having a strong academic background, applicants are expected to demonstrate a deep commitment to their chosen field of study and the potential to make a positive contribution to the UCD community.
The selection process is rigorous and involves a holistic review of all scholarship applications. This means that successful candidates will be chosen based on a combination of their academic achievements, personal qualities, and their potential to bring about positive change in their field of study and the wider UCD community. So, if you are considering applying for the scholarship, make sure that, in addition to showcasing your academic prowess, you also highlight your unique qualities, strengths, and experiences that make you stand out as a candidate who can truly make a difference.
African countries (The following countries are not considered for the African Global Excellence Scholarship but will instead be considered for the Middle East and North Africa Global Excellence Scholarship:
Available Fields of Study
The scholarship awards are designed to support full-time master’s programs, except for clinical programs and master’s programs offered by the Smurfit School of Business, joint Masters programs, online programs, and the MSc in Digital Investigation & Forensic Computing. If you are planning to pursue a Masters program, please note that the scholarship award does not apply to the aforementioned programs and is subject to availability.
Applicants must be African, current residents of an African country, and classified as non-EU for tuition fee and application purposes;
- Open to all successful applicants to eligible full-time, taught programmes who are citizens of and residents of Africa.
- Eligible programmes are limited to those that are undergraduate and graduate taught programmes, where the student must be based in Dublin and no part of the programme is awarded by another institution. All Clinical programs are ineligible for the Global
Excellence Scholarship. A full list of eligible programmes is provided in Eligible Programs.
- Applicants must be self-funding and classified as non-EU for tuition fee and application purposes;
- This is a highly competitive scholarship, and as such, successful applicants are likely to have obtained a first-class honours degree (for masters).
- Scholarships are renewable annually, subject to the student maintaining an annual grade point average of no less than 3.08/4.2 (upper second class)
- To be eligible to apply for this advertised scholarship, applicants must have ‘Offer’, ‘Conditional Offer’, ‘Accept’ or ‘Conditional Accept’ status associated with their application;
Benefits of the UCD Global Excellence Scholarships
- 100% Global Excellence Tuition Fee Scholarship
- 50% Global Excellence Tuition Fee Scholarship
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this advertised scholarship, applicants must have ‘Offer’, ‘Conditional Offer’, ‘Accept’, or ‘Conditional Accept’ status associated with their application. Be aware that the deadline for applications is March 31, 2024.
Candidates also apply to: