Table of Contents
Introduction to the ISTernship Summer Program 2024
Happy New Year, everyone! To begin the new year, here is an exciting, fully funded international internship. Applications are now open for the ISTernship Summer Program 2024 in Austria.
The ISTernship program is an exciting summer internship opportunity that caters to the interests of both bachelor’s and master’s students. The program focuses on a wide range of fields, including biology, computer science, data science and scientific computing, mathematics, physics, neuroscience, chemistry and materials, and interdisciplinary areas. It offers an enriching experience to students who are keen on exploring and gaining practical knowledge in their respective fields of interest.
Applicants who have completed their bachelor’s or master’s degree within a year of the program start date are eligible to apply for the IST Summer Internship 2024. The internship program is scheduled to commence on May 15, 2024, and will continue until September 15, 2024, with a duration of approximately 2–3 months. The exact dates and length of the internship will be determined in consultation with the supervisor. The internship will be conducted at the Institute of Science and Technology (IST), providing a unique opportunity for interns to gain valuable experience and exposure in their chosen field.
Benefits of the IST Summer Program
- The interns will receive monthly compensation during their internship at IST.
- Interns will receive airfare tickets and visa assistance.
- The participants will be provided with a travel allowance.
- Interns will get free service on the IST shuttle bus with hourly services to Vienna.
- The interns will have access to affordable health insurance.
- Accommodation options include on-campus housing or OeAD residences in Vienna.
Eligibility Criteria for the ISTernship Summer Program 2024
- Open to citizens from all countries.
- Applicants must be enrolled Bachelor or Master-of-Science students.
- They must have completed at least the fourth semester of their bachelor’s studies.
- The candidate must be proficient in English.
- IELTS/TOEFL is not required.
Please upload the following documents with the online application:
- Statement of Purpose
- University transcripts and diplomas of all degree programs and all years you have attended and are currently enrolled in (we recommend submitting these in the original language as well as in English)
- Contact information of 1 or 2 referees.
How to Apply
The ISTernship Program 2024 is currently accepting applications through their online application portal. If you’re interested in applying, please note that the deadline for submission is February 15, 2024. This program is a great opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain valuable work experience and skills in their field of interest.
When filling out the application form, applicants need to indicate the names of 1-3 professors that they would like to work with. This information helps the selection committee match the applicants with the most suitable professors based on their research interests and expertise. Once an applicant is selected, they will have the opportunity to discuss and agree with the chosen professor on a research project that aligns with the professor’s area of specialization. This collaborative approach ensures that the research project is both challenging and engaging for the applicant while also contributing significantly to the professor’s research program.
Don’t miss out on the chance to take part in this exciting opportunity and enhance your career prospects!
See also other opportunities you may want to apply for today.