Table of Contents
Introduction to the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2024
Applications are now open for the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2024. One Young World Summit is an upcoming fully funded annual summit in Montreal that will bring students, leaders, speakers, volunteers, and guest speakers from 190+ countries to change society positively. Nationals of all countries can apply for the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2024. One Young World strives to identify the most impactful young leaders from every country in the world. Deloitte, in partnership with the OYW, will cover all the expenses.
The summit is scheduled in Montreal from September 18–21, 2024. It is the world’s biggest youth leadership summit. For Deloitte Scholarships, young leaders focus on tackling challenges by either reducing the causes and effects of climate change or improving education, skills, and access to opportunities in their communities, countries, or the world at large.
About the Deloitte Scholarship 2024
In order to create a better, more sustainable future for people and the environment, we must collaborate in the face of today’s more complex global challenges.
At Deloitte, we believe we have a responsibility to build a better, more sustainable future within which every individual is empowered, uplifted, and able to achieve their full potential.
The Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2024 will enable five outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Montreal, Canada, on September 18–21, 2024.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 18 and 21 (inclusive) September 2024.
- The cost of travel to and from Montreal (economic class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit),
- Ground transportation between Summit venues.
Selection Criteria for the Deloitte Scholarship
The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Create, scale, or support efforts that reduce carbon emissions.
- Reduce the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts
- Empower individuals within the community or around the world to take climate action
- Plan and strategize around reducing climate change-related natural disaster impacts and strengthening resilience.
- Improve access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those who may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, women, girls, and disadvantaged youth
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerate entrepreneurship, create new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
Eligibility Criteria for the Deloitte One Young World Summit 2024
- Aged between 18 and 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2024.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for the Deloitte Scholarship, but projects must be based where Deloitte has a presence
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
How to Apply
The application process is online for the OYW Summit 2024. All you need to do is submit the complete application. The official website link is given below.