Table of Contents
Introduction to the Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme (GHD) Full Masters Scholarships 2024
Applications are now being accepted for the full master’s scholarships at Georgetown University. The Global Human Development Program (GHD) at Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service is excited to announce at least one full-tuition scholarship and several partial scholarships for GHD students from sub-Saharan Africa, made possible through the generous support of the Amre and Caroline Heinz-Youness Family and the William and Catherine McGurn Family.
The scholarships are open to students of all backgrounds and fields of study. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence, financial need, and commitment to the advancement of global human development. Scholarships will be awarded for up to two academic years.
About the Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme (GHD) Full Masters Scholarships 2024
The Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme is a two-year, full-time master’s degree encompassing an innovative skills-based curriculum with built-in opportunities for experiential learning. The curriculum covers core courses including the economics of development, international political economy, program design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, finance and budgeting, and management.
GHD is a practitioner-focused program, so one year of experience working in international development is required, with a minimum of two years of professional experience preferred. All applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree prior to the proposed enrollment.
Applicants to the Global Human Development Program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics (must be completed before enrollment in August, not necessarily before applying).
- Ability to function effectively in English and another language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, implying that they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- Several years of experience living, studying, and working abroad is strongly recommended.
- Completion of either the GRE (preferred) or GMAT exam, taken in time to submit the scores by the application deadline.
Note that the scholarship will be awarded based on the overall strength of the application.
Benefits of the Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme
One of the major benefits of this programme is a full tuition scholarship for a GHD student from sub-Saharan Africa.
Also, in addition to the curriculum, students apply the skills and knowledge they are learning in the classroom to three different professional work experiences:
- the summer field project (a fully-funded 2-3 month international work placement);
- an internship at a relevant Washington DC-based international development organization/agency for at least one academic semester; and
- the capstone project (a two-semester client engagement project emphasising project management and analysis).
How to Apply
Note that the deadline for applications is January 15, 2024. Applications received after the scheduled date will be disregarded. Also, the number of full scholarships available is one and will be awarded based on the strength of the application. However, there are several slots available for partial scholarships. Ensure that all details are filled in correctly. Ready to apply? Click the link below.
Applicants also visit: