Table of Contents
Introduction to the University of Debrecen Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2024
Applications are open for the University of Debrecen Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2024/25. This is a full scholarship in Europe. Stipendium Hungaricum is a Hungarian government scholarship program. Debrecen University welcomes 2000+ Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship students from 60+ countries worldwide. The scholarship is for Bachelor, Master, and PhD programs at the university.
Scholarship recipients will receive a full tuition fee, a monthly allowance, and health insurance. The scholarship is valid for two academic years. Applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered for the scholarship.
This is one of the best fully funded scholarships in Europe. Millions of foreign students move to different European countries for higher education. 4,500 applicants were awarded the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship last year. More than 28 Hungarian universities are participating, and Debrecen University is one of them.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2024 not only offers students the opportunity to pursue their studies in Hungary for two academic years but also provides recipients with a comprehensive benefits package, making it one of the most attractive scholarships in Europe.
Benefits of the University Debrecen
- government-supported university
- 29,000 students
- 7,000 international students from over 110 countries
- 14 faculties
- 8 campuses
- 500+ research labs
- Strategic partnerships with plenty of local and multinational enterprises in the fields of research, innovation, and production
- English-language programs since 1987
- More than 80 programs in English
- 2 Teaching Hospitals, with 2,986 beds, receive 3 million patients every year
Available Study Fields
- Health Sciences
- and Sciences
Benefits of the University of Debrecen Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2024
- Full Tuition Fee exemption; no application or exam fee
- Monthly stipend (contribution to your living expenses in Hungary)
- Accommodation contribution
- Free medical insurance for the entire duration of a BSc, MSc, or PhD program
- Travel costs to Hungary and from Hungary to your country will be reimbursed.
- You may work part-time as a student (maximum 30 hours a week)
To be eligible for the Stipendium Scholarship 2024 at the University of Debrecen, you must be:
- From an eligible country (sub-saharan Africa)
- You can find here the list and contact details of sending partners by country.
- In some countries, you will also have to submit your application to your sending partner according to their instructions.
- Citizens of Hungary cannot apply.
- You must have completed your previous study.
How to Apply
If you’re planning to apply for the program, it’s crucial that you go through the call for applications linked below before submitting your application. You need to contact the sending partner in your country to express your interest in the program. Use the application guide provided to prepare all the necessary application documents and submit them through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) before the deadline of 15th January 2024.
You can find the application platform on the TPF website. Be aware that the application process involves a number of steps, so make sure to read all the instructions provided carefully. Lastly, when submitting your application, make sure to select the University of Debrecen as your preferred institution.
Applicants also visit: