Table of Contents
Introduction to the U.S.-Jordan Leadership Exchange Program
Applications are now open for the U.S.-Jordan Leadership Exchange Program 2024. The U.S. Jordan Leadership Exchange Program (UJLEP) supports a new generation of collaborative, innovative, and values-driven Jordanian leaders who drive success and growth in their economy and civil society while strengthening ties between the United States and Jordan.
In today’s fast-paced world, developing effective leaders is crucial to achieving economic and social growth. To this end, a select group of exceptional individuals will be offered the opportunity to participate in a leadership training program in Jordan. The program aims to develop and nurture the leadership potential of participants across eight key disciplines.
The chosen fellows will undergo comprehensive training that will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to become effective leaders in their respective fields. The training program will cover a range of topics, including leadership styles, communication, problem-solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution. Participants will also benefit from mentorship and coaching from experienced professionals in their respective fields.
Upon completion of the leadership exchange program, the fellows will travel to the United States, where they will participate in a tailored practicum and cultural experience with a U.S. host organization. This will provide them with a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience and exposure to different leadership styles and approaches.
After their return to Jordan, the fellows will engage in follow-on projects in their home communities. They will utilize their newly acquired skills and knowledge to make a positive impact on society, developing innovative solutions to tackle the challenges faced by their communities. These projects will not only benefit their communities but will also serve as a testament to the effectiveness of the leadership training program.
The leadership training program in Jordan is an excellent opportunity for exceptional individuals to develop their leadership potential and make a positive impact on society. By nurturing a new generation of leaders, the program aims to foster economic and social development, creating a brighter future for all.
The eight UJLEP disciplines are business and entrepreneurship; civil society; community engagement; women’s empowerment; diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility (DEIA); civic participation; public health; and environment and climate change.
Goals of the U.S Jordan Leadership Exchange Program
- Young, diverse, and high-potential Jordanian professionals build skills to become creative, collaborative, and values-driven leaders.
- Jordanian leaders increase and practice technical and leadership skills through a transformative U.S. exchange experience and better understand the value of U.S.-Jordan cooperation.
- Build a sustainable network of Jordanian leaders working to expand the economy and civil society of their country and help others understand the value of bilateral cooperation.
- Leadership Training in Jordan: Fellows engage in eight weeks of in-person training in Amman, identifying core values and building peer networks.
- U.S. Exchange Experience: Fellows spend four weeks in the U.S., participating in tailored practicums, visits, volunteer work, and cultural activities to deepen skills in their chosen disciplines.
- Action Projects: Fellows implement innovative Community Action Projects in their home communities, applying lessons learned during the U.S. practicum.
- Graduation Conference: Fellows showcase their Action Projects’ results and impact during a graduation conference, connecting with stakeholders from the U.S. and Jordan.
- UJLEP Alumni Network: Post-Fellowship, alumni access ongoing professional development, networking, and collaboration opportunities, supported by the U.S. Department of State and affiliated partners.
- Community-Based Initiatives (Small Grants Program): Alumni can apply for small grants to fund projects designed collaboratively with their U.S. hosts.
How to Apply
If you are interested in enhancing your leadership skills and gaining valuable experience, the leadership exchange program is an excellent opportunity for you. Please note that the deadline for applications is December 31, 2023, so there is still time to apply. The program provides participants with the chance to connect with other leaders, learn from different perspectives, and develop new skills. To learn more about the program and to apply, simply click on the link provided below. We wish you the best of luck in your application!
Also apply to: