Table of Contents
Introduction to the ALX Software Engineering Scholarship
The ALX Africa has called for applications for the next cohort for the Full Stack Software Engineering Scholarships For Africans. With the training and certification, ALX provides, you will have the opportunity to join other talented tech professionals who are helping to digitally transform businesses around the globe.
The role of a software developer engages in identifying, designing, installing, and testing a software system they have built for a company from the ground up. It can range from creating internal programs to helping businesses be more efficient to produce systems that can be sold on the open market.
The programme is 100% online courses. It is Delivered in our Live Online format which enables real-time interaction with programme mentors and global peers
The ALX Journey
There are plenty of programs that teach tech skills. At ALX, our “secret sauce” comes from our career-focused approach to learning. We aim to develop well-rounded tech professionals who are equipped with both the professional and technical skills that enable them to thrive in the most in-demand, high-growth industries.
ALX prides itself on providing rigorous, high-quality training to better prepare learners for the most in-demand tech careers. The ALX Software Engineering Programme is full-time and requires learners to commit to 20 hours of learning per week to successfully complete the coursework. We are not currently admitting applicants who cannot meet the 20-30 hour per week requirement.
What You Will Learn
Earn a certification upon completion in:
- C Programming
- Graphic Programming
- Unix Programming
- Data Structure & Algorithms
- Reverse Engineering & Security
- Front-end dev
- Linux/command line
- Infrastructure Design & Management
- (4) 12-Week Modules
- Understanding Programming Languages
- Programming Foundations 1
- Programming Foundations 2
- Front-End or Back-End Specialisation
- Between 18-34 years of age
- Commit to a 12-month programme, 70 hours/week
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Access to a laptop or desktop
- No previous coding experience required
- Originally from the African Continent
How to Apply for Software Engineering Scholarships For Africans
Interested applicants should visit the official website to get more information and afterwards begin their application. Note that the application closing date is September 12, 2023.
What To Expect at the End of the Program
At the end of the program and upon successful graduation, learners will:
- Receive a Software Engineer Certification
- Join our global tech talent community and continue your career journey
To successfully graduate from this program, learners must:
- Submit all projects and take all evaluation quizzes with an overall average score of 60% or higher
- Complete any additional assessments assigned by the program team (like peer review tasks)
- Submit a capstone project with a video demo of the project