The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) scholarship program for Nigerian civil servants comprises four distinct yet interrelated components to transform leadership, governance, and public policy. This article provides an overview of the program, from eligibility criteria to application methods.
Table of Contents
About the Scholarship
AIG Scholars spend the year at one of the world’s top universities, gaining knowledge and skills from outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners, and interacting with other future public sector leaders worldwide. After completing their degrees, scholars return to their countries and use their learnings to bolster policymaking, support reforms, and contribute to their nation’s development.
The AIG Scholarships are only open to applicants already working in the civil service. Applicants should be aged between 25 and 50, with strong intellectual capacity, demonstrable leadership qualities, and a passion to contribute to the development of Nigeria’s civil service.
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) is currently offering scholarships to Nigerian students who wish to pursue a Master’s degree at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford in the UK. The application closing date is set for September 15, 2023. This is a great opportunity for Nigerians who are interested in furthering their education and gaining valuable experience in the field of governance. Don’t miss out on this chance to further your career and expand your knowledge!
To be eligible for consideration for the award of 2024/2025 AIG Scholarships, you must:
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private and public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Financial Support: Funding will be provided for tuition, living expenses, and a stipend for a summer project.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Extensive coaching and mentoring will be given to help scholars navigate their time at Oxford and make the most of the experience.
- Career Development: AIG Scholars will receive full support to map out their career development paths and access opportunities that are aligned with their areas of interest and that leverage the knowledge gained at Oxford.
How To Apply
Ready to apply? To kick-start your application, click here: Apply Now to apply.