Udacity-Access Bank Advance Africa Digital Training Scholarships is for youths to learn and carry out innovative projects that brings solution to real-world problems that will enable them to level up their skills, earn badges/nanodegrees and be ready for the future of work!
The world is going fully digital and IT skills have become important for the future of work. The bank is on a mission to harness and build the next generation of doers who will challenge the status quo through their curiosity, tenacity and ever budding imagination.
Participants will learn from experts and gain real-world experiences and skills on different IT/Digital courses in order to build a progressive career in the banking.
- Host: Access Bank | Udacity
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: Not Specified
Access Bank is partnering with Udacity to pioneer a fully digital program that aims at sourcing for exceptional youths across Africa. The objective is to find young people who have interest in taking advantage of this opportunity in order hone their skills in digital paths and achieve mastery and at the same time have the opportunity to learn and earn for free.
Participants will be part of a tech-focused community and will build their network with other young inspiring youths across Africa with the same goal.
To receive consideration for the scholarship, you must:
- Demonstrate evidence of strong interest in pursuing IT and Digital career
- Consistent access to a laptop
- Consistent access to strong data network and power supply
- Commitment to the time required for the program
- Must give pre-consent during application for Udacity to share data with the bank
- Applicants must be between 20 – 30 years
- Participants successful after all assessments and program completion will have an opportunity to receive consideration for permanent roles
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Fully Remote Learning: Experience Learn at your own pace, when and where it’s convenient for you.
- Quality Curriculum Developed by Experts: Developed in partnership with the world’s most innovative tech companies and taught by industry leaders.
- Opportunities for Full-Time Employment after Program: Several Opportunities to get hands-on experience with the bank largely based on project work within squads upon completion
- Self Predictive : Successful applicants has the opportunity to compete and discover their potentials in the different tracks. Participants will take part in taster sessions that develops problem-solving, conflict resolution, community challenge and employability skills. Participants who successfully complete the course are awarded a badge that can displayed on LinkedIn and other social media apps to upgrade their profiles. (Duration: 2 months)
- Level 1 : Top Participants from previous level are given the opportunity to complete the intermediate nanodegrees and successful candidates will be given a scholarship to progress to Level 2 where they will obtain an Advanced Nanodegree. (Duration: 2 months)
- Level 2 : Top Participants from Level 1 will be given the opportunity to complete the Advanced nanodegrees and Internship opportunities with the Bank. Successful Interns will have the opportunity to be offered a full-time employment position with the Bank. (Duration: 6 months)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.
- The entire program requires about 10-12 months’ minimum completion time.
- Applicants must be willing to commit two months to complete the challenge course and another two months for the initial training phase.
- Only successful candidates at the first training phase will get a spot on the second training phase.