Table of Contents
Introduction to the UK Acumen Fellowship 2024
Applications are now open for the UK Acumen Fellowship 2024. Are you passionate about addressing the pressing issue of poverty in the UK? Do you have the determination and vision tomake a real impact on your community and the world? If so, the UK Acumen Fellowship might be the perfect opportunity for you.
The UK Acumen Fellowship is a 12-month intensive program that provides Fellows with the skills, knowledge, and network they need to lead social change. Fellows gain a deep understanding of poverty, develop innovative solutions, and gain access to a network of like-minded individuals. The Fellowship is open to individuals from around the world, and the application process is now open. This post will discuss the specifics of this special program, its effects, and how to apply to be a Fellow.
About the UK Acumen Fellowship 2024
The UK Acumen Fellowship is part of Acumen Academy, a renowned institution committed to driving social change and eradicating poverty. This reflective leadership program gathers exceptional individuals from diverse backgrounds who are actively working on addressing poverty-related challenges. The program equips them with the knowledge, skills, and a supportive community to enhance their leadership abilities and expand their impact.
One remarkable aspect of the UK Acumen Fellowship is that it is fully funded, enabling candidates from all walks of life to participate. Fellows are selected from various sectors, tackling different issues, and residing in different regions. What unites them is their shared determination to build a world founded on dignity. The program sets itself apart by emphasizing diversity and values-based leadership.
After completing the program, Fellows become part of The Foundry, a community of like-minded peers dedicated to creating a world based on dignity. Within this diverse network, they gain access to capital, coaching, and continuous learning, ensuring they receive lifelong support on their journey to driving social change.
The Fellowship’s curriculum, with over 17 years of experience, equips Fellow Candidates with the necessary knowledge, support systems, and skills to lead social change effectively. It combines in-person seminars and virtual workshops with online group and individual assignments to create a vibrant and engaged community of change-makers. The overall time commitment is 25 days, spread across structured, self-directed, and group-based learning.
The program is on the lookout for “builders” who are actively engaged in solving poverty-related problems. These builders can hold various titles, such as founders, CEOs, or senior leaders in for-profit, nonprofit, or hybrid social enterprises, as well as corporate or government sector intrapreneurs. A minimum of five years of professional experience is required, demonstrating a strong commitment to addressing poverty issues. Applicants should also be willing to both contribute and receive support from The Foundry. In addition, they should be ready to engage in a cohort-based learning experience that encourages diversity and inclusivity.
Fellows, representing various sectors and backgrounds, have a significant impact at three levels:
- Individual: They transform their values and behavior, enabling them to engage with larger systems and create a world based on dignity.
- Organizational: The program offers a space to practice new leadership methods that produce different outcomes within their teams and organizations.
- Societal: Fellows gain a deeper understanding of how to extend their influence across broader communities and ecosystems, contributing to systemic change.
At its core, the Fellowship aims to translate this impact into three interconnected outcomes:
- The Foundry: Fellows join a global community, The Foundry, providing lifetime support, collaboration, and collective impact opportunities.
- Moral Leadership: They catalyze the practices of moral leadership, fostering a movement that seeks to role model a world based on dignity.
- Reimagining Success: Fellows reshape the actions of their organizations and initiatives to develop solutions that rethink the goals, structures, and rules of existing systems to address systemic poverty.
About the Foundry
The Foundry is a community where passionate social innovators gain lifelong support to lead social change. Alumni from the Fellowship and Accelerator programs have access to online resources, financial capital, expert mentorship, and opportunities to showcase their work and expand their reach. The Foundry provides a platform for alumni to stay connected to the network and build relationships. It also provides access to resources and programs that can help them expand their impact. Alumni can use the Foundry to stay connected and collaborate with others to build a better world.
How to Apply
The application process involves several steps:
- Submit the online application: The application period for 2023 opens on November 9th. It is crucial to start the application early, as it is designed to understand your work, impact, and program readiness.
- Participate in the Selection Conference: Shortlisted applicants are invited to participate in the Selection Conference, which will be held virtually on January 19th and 20th, 2024.
- Start your fellowship journey: The program is tentatively planned to begin on February 9th, 2024. It combines immersive residential workshops and virtual sessions. Please refer to the FAQs on Program Details and Expectations for more information.
These sessions offer insights into how the Acumen UK Fellowship can elevate your ability to make a meaningful difference in the world. For inquiries and to nominate a fellow candidate, you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. To take the first step towards making a difference in the fight against poverty, apply for the UK Acumen Fellowship by clicking the link below.