Table of Contents
Introduction to the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships
Chulalongkorn University scholarships have led to the implementation of interactive collaboration with the international community. To further develop academic cooperation between Thailand and foreign countries, the university has established the “Graduate Scholarship Program for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN Countries” to provide financial assistance to international students who wish to pursue their higher graduate studies at Chulalongkorn University.
The main goal of the program is to facilitate academic exchange between Thailand and other countries, with the aim of fostering better relationships across borders. By promoting cross-cultural exchange of ideas and values, the program seeks to enhance higher education in Thailand. Through this initiative, students and scholars from different parts of the world can engage in meaningful interactions that can lead to the discovery of new perspectives and insights, which can then be applied to their academic pursuits. Overall, the program aims to create a platform for global academic collaboration that can benefit all participants and contribute to the advancement of knowledge worldwide.
Term of the Scholarships:
1. A two-year Master’s degree scholarship
2. Three-year Doctoral degree scholarships
To be able to apply for Chulalongkorn University scholarships, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international graduate students from ASEAN or non-ASEAN countries.
Faculty members, researchers and academic staff who will return to teach or work at home
Universities after graduation from Chulalongkorn University are preferred.
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in a field related to the field for which they are applying. A degree certificate and an official academic transcript must be submitted with their application.
- Applicants must have obtained a grade point average of not lower than 2.75 for their undergraduate studies and not lower than 3.25 for their graduate studies.
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
- Applicants must have a good command of English. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 or an IELTS score of 5.0 is required.
- Applicants must be in good health.
The scholarships will cover the following:
- An economy class, round-trip ticket, as paid It should also be noted that
- For students from ASEAN, the airfare for each leg of the trip must not exceed 8,500 Baht.
- For students from Asian countries, the airfare for each leg of the trip must not exceed 12,000 Baht.
- For students from Europe, Australia and New Zealand, as well as Africa, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 20,000 Baht.
- For students from North and South America, the airfare for each leg must be at most 30,000 Baht.
- Tuition Fees for the University (tuition fees for faculty and special fees by the program and the summer session are excluded. Advanced arrangement between the students and the faculty or program is needed.)
- A monthly stipend and accommodation for 16,000 Baht
1. A completed application form with a 1-inch photograph attached.
2. A curriculum vitae,
3. An academic transcript issued by the last academic institution that the applicant attended,
4. A certificate of graduation, if available.
5. A photocopy of the applicant’s passport
6. Two letters of recommendation from the head, the director, or the dean of the institution of the applicant’s affiliation or from the applicant’s superiors.
7. A medical certificate.
How to Apply
Note that the closing date is 13th November 2023. Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Completed applications should be sent by mail or delivered to the address provided on the application form. All applications must be received before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants also visit: