Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program is designed to train key leaders in partner countries to contribute to the socio-economic development of their countries. This scholarship is fully-funded.
The Korea International Cooperation Agency KOICA through the Capacity Improvement and Advancement for Tomorrow CIAT is currently welcoming applications for KOICA Scholarship Program for Developing Countries.
- Host Country: Korea
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Eligible Countries: 62 Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket | Scholarship Completion Grant
The KOICA Scholarship Program (SP) for master’s degrees main objective is to nurture key leaders in developing countries who can contribute to the socio-economic development of their home countries.
Prospective applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
- Citizenship: Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country.
- Government Nomination: Must possess an official nomination by their governments.
- (For master) Be a government employee. With a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of study (For PhD) Be a government employee.
- With a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of study after graduation from KOICA master’s degree program * Exception1 – Applicants with an ‘international NGO’ background may apply for the program with two letters of recommendations:
- Your government office; and -Korean Embassy, world widely known NGO, UN-associated organizations, or the KOICA Organization within your region
- Applicants with ‘international NGO’ background are ONLY allowed to apply for KOICA-AJOU Master’s Degree Program in Civil Society Leadership
- AGE: (Preferably) Be under age 40 as of February 1, 2023.
- Health: Be in good health, both physically and mentally. – Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply. – Those with severe illness are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
More requirements include:
- Level of Education: Have completed a Bachelor Degree or an equivalent to college / university level Educational background.
- Some programs have specific qualifications in terms of level of education. Refer to Program Information of each program.
- English Proficiency: Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and thesis in English.
- Not be a person who has withdrawn from KOICA’s scholarship program.
- A person belonging to the institution in which candidates submitted false documents and returned to his / her country arbitrarily in the middle of SP program cannot apply.
- Have not participated in KOICA scholarship program or any of the Korean Government’s Scholarship Programs before.
- Doctorate Program applicants: recipients of a master’s degree scholarship from KOICA are still eligible to apply. i.e. an applicant who holds a master’s degree through the KOICA SP may not apply for another KOICA master degree, but may apply for a KOICA doctorate degree.
- (Preferably) Be employed by your government during and after the program (be engaged in the expertized area of your study as an official servant of your government)
- and other qualifications from university you are going to apply (refer to the Program Information)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Tuition fee
- Monthly allowance
- Air fare
- Settlement allowance
- Scholarship Completion Grant
- Extracurricular Activities
Method of Application
The regional KOICA office or the relevant government office will receive all documents
Use the link below to start your application processing.