DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program is the flagship programme of the Development Bank of Nigeria and is currently in its 5th Cycle.
In a rapidly evolving business landscape, entrepreneurship has emerged as a catalyst for economic growth and innovation. Recognizing the potential of young Nigerian entrepreneurs, the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) has launched the Entrepreneurship Training Program. This groundbreaking initiative aims to equip aspiring and existing entrepreneurs with the essential skills, knowledge, and resources needed to thrive in today’s competitive business environment. In this article, we will delve into the details of the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program, shedding light on its objectives, curriculum, benefits, and the transformative impact it has on young Nigerian entrepreneurs.
Target Audience: This is open to all Nigerian MSMEs across any sector, who are interested in acquiring the right knowledge needed to succeed in doing business in Nigeria.
Empowering Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs through Education
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program serves as a platform to empower young Nigerian entrepreneurs with the necessary tools and insights to succeed in their ventures. The program focuses on cultivating a strong entrepreneurial mindset, enhancing business acumen, and fostering a culture of innovation and resilience among participants.
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program Objectives and Curriculum
The primary objectives of the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program are to:
- Foster Entrepreneurial Mindset: The program aims to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset among participants, fostering a spirit of innovation, adaptability, and problem-solving.
- Develop Business Management Skills: Participants gain practical knowledge in areas such as business planning, financial management, marketing strategies, operations, and human resources management.
- Enhance Financial Literacy: The program provides valuable insights into financial management, including budgeting, cash flow management, and accessing funding opportunities.
- Facilitate Networking and Mentorship: Participants have the opportunity to connect with industry experts, successful entrepreneurs, and mentors who provide guidance, support, and valuable insights.
The program curriculum is carefully designed to cover various aspects of entrepreneurship, including:
- Ideation and Opportunity Recognition: Encouraging participants to identify and evaluate business opportunities.
- Business Planning: Assisting participants in creating a comprehensive business plan that outlines their goals, target market, competitive advantage, and financial projections.
- Marketing and Sales Strategies: Equipping participants with marketing techniques, branding strategies, and effective sales approaches.
- Financial Management: Providing participants with essential financial literacy skills, including budgeting, cash flow management, and financial analysis.
- Operations and Resource Management: Focusing on efficient operations, supply chain management, and resource optimization.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Educating participants on the legal and regulatory aspects of running a business in Nigeria.
- Pitching and Presenting: Enhancing participants’ communication and presentation skills to effectively pitch their ideas and secure funding.
Requirements for The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program:
To be considered for the Program, you must:
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above.
- Business Owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The Business must be based and registered with the CAC in Nigeria.
- The Business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicants must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
Duration and Reward
- A self-paced fundamental of Digital Marketing course for pre-selected 1000 entrepreneurs available for a 1- month period (Aug 16 – September 10)
- The first 250 MSMEs who complete the self-paced fundamental course will be invited to join the live instructor-led webinar sessions with Google Nigeria, after which the best 200 MSMEs who attend the live webinar session will be invited to the face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja.
- The curriculum will be tailored to the needs of the selected 200 MSMEs upon the completion of a needs-based analysis.
- Shortlisted MSMEs will all be eligible to attend the pitching session of this training to access some funding available.
- All successful MSMEs who attend the face-to-face training will receive a certificate of completion.
Selection Criteria for The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability- Demonstrates potential for growth of businesses
Benefits and Support for Participants
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program offers numerous benefits and support mechanisms to participants, including:
- High-Quality Training: Participants receive training from experienced industry professionals and experts in entrepreneurship.
- Access to Resources: The program provides participants with access to a wide range of resources, including business templates, market research data, and entrepreneurial networks.
- Mentorship and Guidance: Participants have the opportunity to be mentored by successful entrepreneurs who provide guidance, support, and industry-specific insights.
- Networking Opportunities: The program facilitates networking among participants, enabling them to build valuable connections with like-minded entrepreneurs, potential partners, and industry professionals.
- Funding Support: In certain cases, participants may be eligible for funding opportunities or access to financial institutions through the DBN’s network.
Transformative Impact on Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program has already made a significant impact on young Nigerian entrepreneurs. Participants have reported increased confidence, improved business management skills, and a clearer understanding of their target markets. Many have successfully launched or expanded their businesses, leveraging the knowledge and support gained from the program. The program has not only empowered individuals but has also contributed to the economic development of Nigeria by fostering a culture of entrepreneurship and job creation.
Method of Application for The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program
- All applicants must register on the DBN BizAid application.
- All businesses who have completed the 4 courses by the stipulated deadline will receive an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications
- Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form.
- Training will commence on announced dates consecutively in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
All applicants for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and obtain an average score of 70% from all quizzes. The courses that must be completed are:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping,
- Sustainability for MSMEs,
- Marketing and Sales Techniques,
- Credit Management/Access to Finance.
To Start the training, simply register through here
Applicants are to completely submit applications before the Deadline: Not Specified
You Might Also Like to Apply for The Fully Funded German Government Urban Lab Program 2023 For Talented African Post Graduate Students | Study-in-Africa
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program serves as a beacon of hope and opportunity for young Nigerian entrepreneurs. By equipping them with the necessary knowledge, skills, and resources, the program empowers participants to navigate the challenges of entrepreneurship successfully. Through this initiative, the Development Bank of Nigeria plays a pivotal role in fostering a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, driving economic growth, and creating a brighter future for aspiring and existing entrepreneurs in Nigeria.