Table of Contents
Introduction to the Beijing Government Scholarships 2024
The Beijing government has recently announced its scholarships for students from international and developing countries who are interested in pursuing higher education. The government is offering scholarships for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees, which will be awarded annually starting in 2024. This is a wonderful opportunity for students who wish to broaden their horizons and gain valuable academic experience in a dynamic and culturally rich environment.
The scholarship program is highly competitive, with a limited number of spots available each year. Therefore, it is recommended that potential applicants take the time to carefully review all eligibility requirements and application instructions before submitting their materials. This will help ensure that applications are complete and accurate and have the best possible chance of being selected for this prestigious scholarship opportunity.
About the Beijing Government Scholarship
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by the Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially to international students studying or applying to study in Beijing. Its administrative office is the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of the Beijing Municipal Commission of Education, which is in charge of project establishment, review, acceptance, and daily management of the Beijing Government Scholarship Program. The international students applying for the Beijing Government Scholarships shall normally submit relevant materials to the universities in Beijing that they hope to apply to by the end of February every year.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2) Educational background and age limit
- Applicants for undergraduate studies in Beijing must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30. Applicants for master’s degree studies in Beijing must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants for doctoral degree studies in Beijing must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50. Applicants for long-term language study must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Visiting scholar candidates in Beijing must have a Masters or higher degree, hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
3) The requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on the requirements of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
4) An applicant who receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs, organizations or agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students only covers tuition fees. According to the applicant’s status, the allowance for scholarship students can be classified into five types:
- 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree
- 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree
- 20,000 RMB/year for a Bachelor’s degree
- 10,000 RMB/year for a Senior training or long-term language program
- 5,000 RMB/year for exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing.
Duration of Scholarships
- Applicants for Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: scholarship duration should be under 4 years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the scholarship duration should be under one year.
- Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the duration of the scholarship should be under one year.
- Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: the duration of the scholarship should be under one year.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this scholarship, interested students must ensure that all application materials are submitted to the relevant university or college before the deadline of February 29, 2024. This deadline is non-negotiable, so it is important to make sure that all required documents are submitted in a timely and complete manner to avoid any potential disqualification.
For specific application means, you can consult the government departments and relevant institutions responsible for dispatching students abroad in your country, such as Chinese embassies or consulates, or directly apply to the universities qualified to issue such scholarships in Beijing. Click the link below for further information.
Candidates also apply to: