Apply to the ALX Software Engineering Programme for top-notch training in the technology profession.
The ALX Institute was established to help young Africans excel in the digital economy by providing them with technology and professional skills. They prepare their talent for entry into the global workforce, having an impact on innovation across the tech landscape. They offer top-notch training to the upcoming generation of technology professionals, innovators, entrepreneurs, and business leaders.
They hope to play a significant role in driving technological advancement and launching Africa’s transition into the Fourth Industrial Revolution with the help of their partners, the Mastercard Foundation and The ROOM. This article gives you an overview of the scholarship program including benefits, requirements, application information, and other important details.
ALX Software Engineering Scholarship Program
Innovative thinkers who can create ground-breaking solutions utilizing engineering principles and programming know-how are needed as the tech ecosystem continues to develop. Companies are looking for tech experts who can solve problems from the twenty-first century, and the rapidly expanding field of software development offers some of the most lucrative and exciting career opportunities in this environment.
The secret to success in the tech industry is to learn quickly, keep up with disruptive technology, and acquire skills that will allow you to advance to the next stage.
Participating in ALX Software Engineering will equip you for a prosperous career in one of the world’s most in-demand industries. Bear in mind that applications end on the 31st of July, so the best time to hop on this tran is NOW.
What Professions Will This Scholarhip Program Train You For?
- Front-End Engineer
- Back-End Engineer
- Full-Stack Engineer
- Graphics Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Mobile App Developer
- Embedded System Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Cyber Security Engineer
See a profession that suits you? Great! Let’s review the requirements and the curriculum.
ALX Software Engineering Scholarship Program Requirements
For this programme, you will be required to;
- Give 15 months, 70 hours/week
- Have access to a laptop or desktop
- Have access to a stable internet connection
- Have proficiency in written and spoken English
- Be between 18-34 years of age
- Be residing in and/or able to attend in-person activities in one of our city hubs
ALX Software Engineering Scholarship Program Curriculum
During the programme, you will learn how to;
- Use coding and other technologies to solve problems
- Create design systems and compile data on project constraints, capabilities, performance specifications, and interfaces
- To assist programmers in writing the required code, model a system or application.
- Make calculations, suggestions, and plans for modifications to computer specifications, layouts, and peripheral equipment
- Utilize data storage, retrieval, and manipulation to examine system capabilities and requirements.
- Important professional skills like project management, critical thinking, creative problem-solving, interviewing techniques, communication, and collaboration abilities’
At the end of the programme you should be able to;
- Build your foundations to thrive in the modern world of work
- Engage in a hybrid learning experience with both in-person and online elements to help you succeed
- Gain access to The ROOM Fellowship, our prestigious talent community where you can gain access to world-class events, perks and rewards, and lifelong learning
- Understand multiple programming languages and get front-end and back-end specialization.
Once you conclude the program, you receive a software engineering certificate and join their global tech talent community and continue your career journey. Amazing!
Think this is a great fit for you? Then click HERE to apply.
More Career Opportunities. Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fully Funded Fellowship Programme 2024 is Now ow Open