Table of Contents
Introduction to the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program
Applications are now open for the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program 2024 for International Students. The graduate student assistant positions offer a unique opportunity for students to gain valuable work experience while pursuing their academic and professional goals. The positions provide students with the chance to contribute to the university’s mission and to develop their skills. Students can also build relationships with faculty members and professionals in their field. Furthermore, these positions can also provide students with financial assistance to help them cover the costs of their education.
These positions provide a compensation package that includes both salary and tuition remission for carrying out research or teaching services for the university. To be eligible for this program, students must be admitted into a full-time program. The purpose of this program is to assist students in developing their skills and knowledge in their chosen field of study. It is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to gain practical experience in their chosen field while still studying.
This article provides a thorough overview of the graduate assistantship program. Keep reading for more details on this amazing opportunity for international students.
- The student must be fully admitted to a master’s degree program at Western Oregon University. _
- The graduate assistant’s duties must relate to the student’s graduate program and/or career expectations. Assistantship must begin no later than the start of week one of the term. _
- The student must have an approved program for a WOU master’s degree on file in the Graduate Programs office no later than the first week of the term in which the student holds the assistantship.
- .49 FTE
- Commitment to the full academic program
- Annual renewal required
Benefits of the Graduate Assistantship Program
- Each GA will receive $1176 per month for 9 months. (unless 4-term employee)
- Graduate students appointed by the University are paid at established institutional salary rates and are exempt from the payment of the instruction fee (tuition), on the first twelve (12) graduate credit hours per term.
- Graduate assistants are assessed and are individually responsible for payment of the building fee, incidental fee, health fee, one-time matriculation fee, online fee and any other fees approved for the University according to the graduate student fee schedule. See WOU tuition and fees schedule
- When an assistant is authorized to register for more than twelve (12) graduate credit hours per term, the institution shall charge the assistant the resident rate for an additional instruction fee for the excess of the twelve-credit hour limit
How To Apply
Please note that the deadline for applications is February 1, 2024. To apply for the program, interested applicants are required to submit their application online by following the application link provided. It is highly recommended that applicants also visit the official announcement page, accessible through the link provided below, to obtain further information about the program before submitting their application. This will enable them to have a better understanding of the program requirements, eligibility criteria and other important details that may be required during the application process.