The Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships is now calling for applications from International aspirants in Developing countries in 2023. Do you have an interest in this opportunity? Read to the end because we will be discussing the eligibility criteria, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
Steve Weston and Trust Scholarship is for students from African, American, and Asia countries who are willing to undertake a postgraduate degree at the University of Dundee.
The awards will offer each candidate payment of academic tuition fees and £12,600 12 monthly stipends for a single student and living expenses of £1,050 per month.
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Eligible Countries: 27 Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £12,600 Yearly Stipend | £750 Arrival Allowance | £580 Internship Allowance
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Already hold an Honors degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, or mining Engineering, Finance at 2nd class upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for September 2023 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or LLM in International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
There are 3 awards available, one from the Steve Weston Scholarship fund and 2 from Trust Scholarships.
The awards will offer each candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees (fees for 2023-24 to be confirmed)
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student (£12,600 over 12 monthly payments at £1,050 per month)
- An arrival allowance (£750) and thesis/internship report allowance (£580)
Botswana, Congo (Democratic Republic), Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Zambia
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Thailand
Method of Application
There is no separate application form for the Steve Weston Scholarship.
Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy/LLM in International Oil and Gas Law programmes should provide a 500-word Personal Statement and their updated CV to be sent by email attachment to Alison Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that candidates who do not already hold an unconditional offer for one of the named programmes will not be considered.
Given that these Scholarships are highly competitive, it is important to demonstrate in your Personal Statement that you possess motivation to make a career that will take you to a position of leadership in the energy or natural resource development sector in your own country within 10 years of your Scholarship. You must show commitment to networking to find global solutions and you should be able to use your studies and experience gained in the UK to benefit yourself, your country and the UK. It is also a requirement that you should become a first-class ambassador for the UK in your home country.
Your Personal Statement should emphasize the following points:
- Your ability to make a difference in the world, illustrated by your leadership qualities
- Your skills in communications and the ability to influence people and decisions
- Your networking ability, ambition and plans for the future
- Your academic background and potential on the LLM degree programme, your strength of character and integrity
- Your outside interests – i.e. hobbies and activities
The decision about the awards of these Scholarships will be made by the end of June 2023. If you have not heard from us by this time, then please assume that your application for the Scholarship has been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications we receive for these Scholarships, we regret that we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually or provide feedback on applications.
Applicants are to completely submit applications before the Deadline: May 31, 2023
You might also like to apply for The University of Dundee Global Excellence Scholarship 2023 For International Students | Study-In-UK