Table of Contents
Introduction to the PEO International Peace Scholarship
The PEO International Peace Scholarship is a program of Women helping women reach for the stars. The PEO International fund will provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. The scholarship is open to women from all countries, regardless of race, religion, or gender. It aims to empower women by providing them with the resources and opportunities to pursue their academic goals. The scholarship is also intended to support the development of women in leadership roles and create a more equitable world.
About the PEO International Peace Scholarship
Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding. The scholarship is based on demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. The recipient is expected to supplement the scholarship with their own funds. The scholarship is to help the recipient with the cost of tuition, books, and other academic-related expenses. The recipient is expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for the scholarship.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be eligible for the International Peace Scholarship,
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and be working toward a graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training unless they are combined with coursework. Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining and be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Benefits of the PEO International Peace Scholarship
- The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
- The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
- Awards are announced in May. The amount of the PEO International scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December
How to Apply for the PEO International Peace Scholarship
First, take note of the following application timelines:
- Application closes on 15th December, 2023
- Feb 1, 2024: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended.
- March 15, 2024: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College
Ready to apply? Candidates are encouraged to read more details of the scholarship on the official announcement page before proceeding to begin their applications.
Other available opportunities: