Peking University Scholarship Program is currently open for applications from exceptional and motivated international students who wish to enroll in a degree program of the University for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Peking University (Overseas Students) Scholarship main objective is to support outstanding students to study undergraduate and/ or postgraduate degree at Peking University.
- Host Country: China
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Allowance | Accommodation | Health Insurance
Peking University (PKU) is a public research university in Beijing, China. The university is funded by the Ministry of Education of China. Peking University was established as the Imperial University of Peking in 1898 when it received its royal charter by the Guangxu Emperor.
A successor of the older Guozijian Imperial College, ‘Peking’ retains the older transliteration of ‘Beijing’ that has been superseded in most other contexts.
To receive consideration for the IMES, you must:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicant must hold an offer to study at Peking University as an overseas student
- Applicants must be a freshman to the university
- Applicants must enrol in full-time program
- Applicants who has not receive any other scholarship funding
- Applicants seeking for undergraduates and postgraduates courses
- Students who enrolled for a professional degree programs, joint degree program and English taught programs are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship has two categories:
- The full scholarship covers tuition fees, monthly stipend (including living allowance), and medical insurance.
- The partial scholarship only covers tuition fees.
Candidates receives the monthly stipend as follows:
- Undergraduate: 2000 CNY/month
- Postgraduate: 2500CNY/month
- PhD: 3000CNY/month
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below;
- Visit PKU Online Application System (http://www.studyatpku.com), click on “Scholarship Application” – “New student”, fill in the application form and submit.
- Please submit the letter of appeal in person to ISDPKU or mail them before the deadline.
- The committee will assess the applications
- The list of selected candidates will be submitted for final review
- The scholarship organizers will announce the list of successful candidates
- Scholarship winners will have to undertake an annual appraisal in April annually in order to enjoy the scholarship for the following year.