Founded in 1920,Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) with science, engineering and research as its core, encompassing management and liberal arts, economy and law, is now developing into an open, multi-disciplinary and world-class university.
- Founding member of the C9 League (a group of China’s top universities)
- Top 5 Global Universities for Engineering in 2023 U.S. NEWS Ranking
- Double First-Class University (only 36 Class A universities in China)
- Host Country: China
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Ful Scholarship | Accommodation | CNY 3,500 per month Stipends
- Deadline: February 18, 2023
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core, encompassing management, liberal arts, economy, and law as a whole. After nearly 100 years of development, HIT has formed a pattern of “One University, Three Campuses (Harbin/Weihai/Shenzhen)”.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for a master’s degree program;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral degree program;
- Have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level-4 when applying for a Chinese-taught master’s or doctoral degree program;
- Hold minimum requirements set by HIT in academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Scholarship Covers:
- Tuition fees;
- University dormitory;
- Stipend: No stipend is issued before arrival at the university.
- Master’s degree students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance: CNY 800/ year.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Passport home page. The passport needs to be valid until September 2023;
- Highest diploma
- Academic transcripts. Copies of academic records should be from the undergraduate program onwards
- Language qualification certificates.
- Chinese-taught Programs:
- Master’s Degree: HSK Level-4 report or higher (valid for two years)
- Doctoral Degree: HSK Level-4 report or higher (valid for two years)
- English-taught Programs (for non-English native speakers):
- IELTS at least 6.0, TOEFL at least 80 or other equivalent English language proficiency certificates
- A study plan (more than 1,000 words). The study plan of a doctoral degree applicant shall be approved and signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor. The template can be downloaded at http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/index/459 .
- Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors.
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (valid within six months). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid;
- Bank receipt of the application fee? USD 60 or CNY 400;
Method of Application
Step 1: Submit all application documents to [email protected] before the deadline.
Step 2: Receive the confirmation E-mail from the Office of International Students Admission of HIT.
Reminder: The admission officer will follow-up on the application via email. Please check the email frequently. Response averages within 24 hours (can be delayed depending due to high number of emails). Please be patient if we don’t respond in time.
Use the link below to start your application process