Funding Type: Fully funded
Region: South Korea
Deadline: May 26, 2023
KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 is accepting applications now. International students who want to pursue higher education (undergraduate degree) from South Korea can now easily fulfill their dreams and study in Korea. The fully funded scholarship in South Korea will cover all expenses related to studying abroad, including, full tuition fee exemption for up to eight semesters, living allowance, and medical insurance for the duration of the scholarship. Therefore, students do not need to worry about expenses and can focus on their studies and achieve their goals.
However, meeting the criteria is not easy as KAIST is a prestigious university in South Korea and thousands of students prepare day and night to compete each year. Getting into KAIST would be a life-changing experience as every student there gets a chance to show their innovation and share their ideas. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology is an institute that prioritizes students and leads them to research globalization and entrepreneurship.
Students pursuing an undergraduate program at KAIST have the benefit that they can study the first year without a major. So later on, they can choose or change their majors before the second semester completes. Scholarships in South Korea are open to all international students from all countries around the world. KAIST University’s international student scholarship is an excellent opportunity for students worldwide to study without paying tuition fees.
The KAIST South Korea scholarship is offered for almost all fields currently taught at the university. Plus, international students can study and learn in a diverse environment without any barriers. More details about the courses are provided below. Read this article till the end so you don’t miss any important detail.
The government of South Korea founded KAIST as the best science and tech center in Korea. It ranks as 5th best university in South Korea, and according to the QS world ranking of universities, it ranks at 199th. KAIST consists of more than 11,688 students enrolled in five schools and six graduate schools, including 915 international students from 92 countries.
Fields Offered for KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship
- Aerospace engineering
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Biological science
- Business and Technology Management
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & System Engineering
- Mathematical science
- Nuclear and Quantum Engineering
The deadline is May 26, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for the KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship:
Are you applying for the KAIST scholarship for international students? Before starting the application icon make sure to check the eligibility criteria and requirements below.
- All international students can apply.
- Students aiming to apply must have completed high school.
- Applicants with dual nationality cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Students should maintain a GPA of at least 2.7 or 4.3 after the first year.
- Korean applicants who studied outside of Korea are also eligible.
- International students who previously studied in South Korea can also apply for this scholarship.
Benefits of the KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship.
KAIST is known for its quality education, experience, and scholarships for international students; they will support the student in the following ways:
- The full tuition fee for all 8 semesters will be covered by scholarship directly.
- Living allowance of about 350,000 KRW monthly.
- Medical health insurance for international students.
- Opportunity to stay and study in South Korea.
- Explore the rich culture of South Korea.
Having difficulty in the application process? Learn 7 Tips on Scholarship Application in 2023
KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements:
The following are the documents required with the undergraduate admission application form:
- Online application form
- Recommendation letter (written and submitted by an academic advisor, homeroom teacher, or a math/science teacher directly)
- High school transcript
- Official English proficiency test score (TOEFL, TEPS, IELTS, TOEIC)
- Passport and National ID card
- Statement of financial resources
- Honors and awards (optional)
- Standardized Test Score Reports (SAT, AP, IB, GCE, A-Level, ACT, high school leaving exam, and university entrance exam results and Certificate of International Olympian to be submitted).
Note: Applicants from English-speaking countries are exempted to submit English proficiency test scores.
- The application process for the KAIST undergraduate scholarship 2023 is online.
- Download the application form by visiting the official website and upload the documents scanned.
- Check the application form thoroughly before submitting it.
- Submit the form with documents before the deadline ends.
- Recommenders must submit the recommendation letter directly through the link provided to them via email.
For more information,