Table of Contents
Introduction- About the Graduate Fellowship Program
In collaboration with the FMoH, the eHealth for everyone foundation developed the Multi-Source Data Analytics and Triangulation (MSDAT) platform which is a comprehensive integrated platform for comparative analysis of the available health datasets in Nigeria.
The chief aim of this work is to improve health data analytics in the health sector of Nigeria by strengthening the institutional capacity of the departments and agencies charged with the responsibility of managing the Nigerian health information system. This is done through dashboard engineering, data analytics support, technical advisory, research, staff mentoring and capacity building of the FMoH and other partner agencies.
Objectives of the HDA Graduate Fellowship
This graduate fellowship will inform the next phase of technological and data analytical innovations/inventions to expand on the MSDAT platform for improved healthcare delivery and health system monitoring in Nigeria. The objectives of the HDA fellowship are to:
- Build local capacity for research in health data analytics
- Support the development of health data platforms, specifically the MSDAT
- Improve the utilisation of the MSDAT platform
- Use findings to inform Health Information Systems (HIS) policy development
- Facilitate the publication of research reports in recognized journals
To be eligible for this fellowship, the individual must fulfil the following requirements;
- Must hold an acceptable form of Identification (i.e. an International passport; Drivers’ licence; Voters’ Card, National Identity Number (NIN) card)
- Must be a postgraduate student of any accredited University with a valid means of identification
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree of at least a 3.5/5.0 CGPA (Second class upper honours) for Master’s students, and at least a Merit or its equivalent in Master’s, for PhD students.
- Up to ₦1,000,000.00 (per fellow) for postgraduate research (including research expenses e.g. equipment, data collection etc)
- Capacity building in research and health data analytics
- Possible job opportunities with eHealth4everyone on completion of the fellowship
- Access to a network of individuals with shared interests
- Mentorship and support from the administering body. This would translate into the provision of reviews and guidance during the course of their research.
- Provision of datasets on request.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should read the full details about the program on the HDA website before proceeding to the application page. For now, no application deadline has been stated so hop on this opportunity as quickly as possible.
For more career opportunities, CLICK HERE.