The program aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as top study destinations.
- Host Country: Belgium
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | €9,600 Stipend Per Year
- Deadline: April 6, 2023
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Eligible Masters Degree Programmes offered at participating Flemish Institutions except preparatory programmes; bridging programmes; or distance learning.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
- The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- The applicant can receive nomination by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant s gets preselection by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
- All nationalities, except for Russian, can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students of the Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
See the full eligibility criteria at the official website (link found below).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €9,600 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant to pay a tuition fee that equals the lowest rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student who receives a study grant from the Flemish government. The rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is €128,80.
The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master programme of 120 ECTS.
Method of Application
Students cannot apply directly. You need to submit your application to the host institution. The host institution preselects the eligible applications; the application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution. Deadline of applications is 28 April 2023 23h59 GMT+1. You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which varies and falls between 1 February to 6 April 2023.
It is important to read the How to Apply page and is it the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You might also like to apply for Macquarie Vice-Chancellor Scholarships 2023 For International Students