About the Google Ghana Internship
We offer a range of internships in either Software Engineering or Site-Reliability Engineering across EMEA. Duration and start dates will vary according to the project and location.
Application Deadline: 11th November 2022
Eligible Country: Ghana
You might also like: Full Guide On ALX Software Engineering Application (2022/2023)
As a Software Engineering or Site Reliability Intern, you‘ll work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. You will design, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions as you, and the business, grow and evolve during your internship.
We drive reliability and performance across a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important business-generating systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of services, from monitoring and alerts to building automation infrastructure.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers don’t only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications, and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, and social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Eligibility for Google Ghana Internship
Before clicking on the application icon, make sure to check for the following for accreditation:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience.
- Experience coding in one of the following programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, Python, Go, etc.).
Preferred qualifications:Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Internship or work experience (e.g., research assistant, teaching assistant, personal projects, etc) with programming in either: C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
Obliged Duties of the Google Ghana Internship candidates
- Research, conceive, and develop software applications to extend and improve Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning, and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
- Utilize exposure to large-scale production software troubleshooting.
- Help maintain mission-critical services.
What will I benefit from Google Ghana Internship?
Research happens across google every day. This research has made a lot of impact on user-facing services across Google including search, Maps, and Google Now.
So, at the Ghana Internship research program, research will be done differently. Research scientists would not be cloistered in the lab, but instead, they work closely with software engineers to discover, invent, and build at the largest scale.
At the research program, ideas may come from internal projects, as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
You will stay connected to your research roots as an active contributor to the wider research community by partnering with universities and publishing papers.
Generally, at the research program in 2022, you will participate in cutting-edge research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
How to Apply for Google Ghana Internship:
For more information about the application process,
Visit the Programme Webpage for Details