The German Catholic KAAD Scholarship Program is for outstanding applicants who are willing to enroll in a master’s or Ph.D. degree study program in Germany. Successful candidates of this scholarship receives a full funding opportunity which makes it highly competitive.
This is based on cooperation with partner committees and associations of ex-scholars in those countries and it aims at setting up (scientific) networks and at contributing to a holistic development, which includes the religious and inter-religious dimensions.
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: Not Specified
KAAD is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
KAAD expect the following from the prospective candidates:
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship turns into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
To be eligible for KAAD International Scholarship, they expect the aspirants to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- Applicants must have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- Are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they receive a proposal from the Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- Applicants must possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full Scholarship
Method of Application
Applications are submitted online through the online application portal. Please follow instructions on the page to fill and submit the form as appropriate.
KAAD is working with focus- and partner countries in your region. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channeled via them. Applications from other countries can be considered only in exceptional cases.