Good news! Intake for the Global Human Development Program Scholarships at Georgetown University is currently open. Would you like to further your studies in the United States? It’s advisable to read this article to the end because the scholarship, its benefits, the criteria for qualifying, and the application process will all be addressed in greater detail.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2022
The Global Human Development Program Scholarship is a two-year, full-time master’s degree that is developed on a special, skill-based curriculum with built-in opportunities for existential learning. The program’s core topics cover management, monitoring and evaluation, finance and budgeting, international political economy, program design and implementation, quantitative and qualitative techniques, and the economics of development.
Through coursework, internships, extracurricular activities, and practical fieldwork, the Global Human Development Program seeks to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to comprehend the problems that face international development and to find effective solutions.
Founded in 1789 as Georgetown College by Bishop John Carroll, Georgetown University is a private owned, federally designated research institute in the Washington, D.C., area. It now has ten undergraduate and graduate schools, including the School of Foreign Service, School of Medicine, School of Business, School of Law, and a college in Qatar.
Benefits of Global Human Development Program Scholarships
- Candidates who meet the requirements will receive a full tuition scholarship for a sub-Saharan African scholar of global human development.
- Along with the coursework, students put the understanding and experience obtained in the classroom into specific areas in their profession.
- The 2- to 3-month summer field project in which all expenses are fully sponsored by the host association.
- A minimum of one academic semester of internship experience with a relevant Washington, DC-based organization or agency for international development.
- The final project i.e the capstone project (a two-semester client management mission detailing project monitoring and analysis).
- You must have one year of experience working in international development, with a minimum of two years of professional experience preferable, to be eligible for these scholarships.
- Prior to recommended enrollment, all applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree.
- You need a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for scholarships under the Global Human Development Program.
- Additionally, introductory macroeconomics, microeconomics, and statistics courses are part of the requirements not necessarily before submitting an application.
- As part of the requirement, you are to have proficiency in communicating in a foreign language
Application Process for Scholarship Program
Applicants are requires to submit applications on or before January 15,2022.
Interested in this opportunity? Visit the official website to get more information about the application procedures.
Our Go-to Tips For Scholarship Application can also come in handy.
Also, aspirants are to attach the following document to their application:
- Online Application Proof
- 3 letter of recommendation from accredited sources
- Personal Statement
- Supplemental Data Sheet
- Original Results and proof of taking the GREs, TOEFL or IELTS examinations