Applications for the 2023 Humboldt Fellowship Research Program for Researchers are currently ongoing for the experienced and postdoctoral researchers across the globe to fully support their research in Germany by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
The Humboldt Research Fellowship allows you to carry out independent research at different phases of your career in association with a host at a German research institution of your choice.
- Host: Humboldt Research Fellowship
- Category: Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All countries
- Reward: Fully Funded
Details and Reward for the 2023 Humboldt Fellowship Program
- Postdoctoral Researcher: Gain and conduct fully funded research in Germany as a postdoctoral researcher and receive a monthly fellowship of €2,670. Fellowships range from 6 to 24 months.
- Experienced Researcher: You can still apply for research sponsorship in Germany regardless of your academic career stage with the 2023 Humboldt Research Fellowship for experienced researchers and also be entitled to a monthly fellowship of €3,170. Fellowships range from 6 to 18 months and can be divided into up to three stays over three years.
- Family Benefit: You will receive personal support along with the fellowship amount during your sponsorship. Also enjoy flexibility in choosing the start date of your fellowship. Before the research fellowship, both you and your spouse can attend an intensive language course. Additional financial support is provided, including family benefits for children and spouses, subsidies for private full health insurance, and allowances for travel expenses.
- Networking with other alumni: You can still maintain contact even after your research stay concludes. The alumni sponsorship provides flexible support for your individual journey, including career development and future research collaborations. You can also apply for a return fellowship or plan subsequent visits to Germany.
You must meet this requirement to be considered for the Humboldt Research Fellowship:
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages max)
- Research Outline (5 pages max)
- Complete list of your publications
- Doctoral certificate or proof that your doctorate has been completed successfully, or confirmation that this will be the case within the next six months
- Good knowledge of German or English Language is required.