Table of Contents
Introduction to the Ford Foundation Fully-Funded Fellowship
Applications for the Ford Foundation Fully-Funded Fellowship 2024 are now open. This is a fully funded program, thanks to the support of the Ford Motor Company Fund. The program aims to provide aspiring entrepreneurs with the necessary tools, knowledge, resources, and practical experience to scale their impactful ventures. It is designed for individuals who have a strong passion for innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership and who have already demonstrated a proven track record of success in their community.
The program will equip participants with the skills to navigate the challenges of launching and growing a business, as well as to develop strategies for achieving long-term sustainability and impact. By the end of the program, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of the entrepreneurial landscape and be able to apply their knowledge to achieve success in their ventures.
The program is fully funded, meaning that each Fellow will receive comprehensive logistical support in order to successfully lead a three-day training, which we call Basecamp, in their community. The program will run for a total of 16 weeks, from March 4th to June 27th, 2024, offering a variety of programming designed to support the growth and development of participants.
Benefits of the Ford Foundation Fellowship
- Venture Development Stipend: $40,000 will be distributed among select Ford Fund Fellows based on progress and impact throughout the fellowship.
- Training and Skill Development: Expert-led training in the skills required to increase access to economic opportunity, integrate into their communities as leaders and entrepreneurs, and advance their careers.
- Mentorship and Community: Access to world-renowned entrepreneurs, industry experts, global alumni, and the Ford Fund network to receive mentorship, guidance, and support throughout the program.
- Basecamp: Opportunity to expand and elevate community impact through Basecamp, a 3-day workshop designed to help rising entrepreneurs and leaders from our Fellows’ communities to ideate solutions, design business models, and compellingly communicate their businesses and organizations to an external audience.
- Summit: A high-profile Summit event at the end of the Fellowship in which Fellows present their story, progress, and impact to a global audience, including Ford Fund employees and mentors.
Who you are:
- You are an entrepreneur or community leader deeply committed to creating a sustainable, scalable impact in your communities.
- You are at the helm of a social impact venture or community endeavour in its initial stages, showcasing a history of making a difference.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a growth mindset and are driven to grow as an effective leader within your community. We characterize early-stage initiatives as those in the Problem-Solution Fit or Product-Market Fit phases, with engaged customers or beneficiaries, and demonstrated outcomes in both impact and revenue.
Where You Create Impact (Applicants located in and/or creating impact in the following locations):
- Global: China, Germany, Mexico, Romania, South Africa, United Kingdom (includes Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland),
- United States: Atlanta, Memphis, Louisville, Detroit, Chicago, Kansas City, or Houston
What you are looking for is:
- You are looking for expert-guided entrepreneurial training, access to funding opportunities, and a wide-reaching mentorship network to enhance your leadership abilities and the impact of your venture.
What you will accomplish:
- With the unwavering support of the Watson Institute team, you will receive a comprehensive roadmap to guide the growth and scalability of your work and impact. Additionally, you will facilitate an impactful workshop and training session (known as a Basecamp) in your community for your stakeholders, backed by a stipend, a playbook, and team support to bring your vision to life.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for this exciting fellowship opportunity, please note that the deadline to submit your application is Monday, January 15th, 2024. It’s important to keep in mind that the deadline is fast approaching, so don’t delay in submitting your application. Before you get started on your application process, we encourage you to visit the official website by clicking on the link below. There, you’ll find all the information you need to know about the opportunity and the application process. It’s always a good idea to be well-informed before applying, so take some time to explore the website and ensure that you have a clear understanding of the requirements and expectations. Good luck with your application!
Applicants also visit: