The University of Waikato Excellence Scholarships from international students who are new to studying at the University of Waikato, and who will be coming to study here for face-to-face study in 2023.
Students who study online with the University are not eligible to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship, with the exception of students who choose to study at the Waikato China Learning Centre (CLC) at Hainan University.
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: NZD$15,000
- Deadline: Not Specified
The Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship (prior to 2023 named the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship) was established in 2015 to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalization and support talented international applicants who are enrolling as new students into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato.
The Scholarships are tuition fees credits and have a value of up to NZD$15,000 for undergraduate students and up to NZD$15,000 for postgraduate students. Applicants who demonstrate excellent academic achievement receives the award. Successful applicants will be called upon to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
To receive consideration for the scholarship, you must:
- Applicants must be enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato.
- Applicants must be International students
- Applicants must have good academic records
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Scholarships have a value of up to NZD$15,000. Hence, successful applicants who demonstrate excellent academic achievement will receive the award
Method of Application
All applicants will of the result of their application through their My Waikato portal.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship offer which is valid for 14 days. Offers must receive acceptance by the date indicated or the offer will lapse and no longer be valid.
- After accepting the Scholarship Offer, recipients will receive an official Scholarship Offer Letter to assist in any student visa application.
- Recipients may pay the full tuition fee amount minus the value of the scholarship in the offer. They must provide their Scholarship Offer Letter to Immigration New Zealand in order to do so.
- In accepting the Scholarship, the recipient will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the conditions of the Scholarship, and the Scholarships Policy.
- The maximum possible tenure is up to three years.