University of Groningen Talent Grants is for one-year Master’s programme in Theology & Religious Studies.
To be eligible for this grant, you must have gained admission into the university of Groningen with one of the programs listed below in the course.
- Host Country: Netherlands
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: € 5,000
A selection committee will review the applications. Students receives selection on the basis of academic merit (i.e. results obtained in study programme, academic paper, overall evaluation of previous education etc.) and of the candidates’ motivational statements.
Decisions as to eligibility for awarding a scholarship are made in March (for the September intake). Applicants will be informed ultimately on 15 May.
The Talent Grant receives finance from the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies. The scholarship is aimed at international students from OUTSIDE the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Master’s in Theology and Religious Studies. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Students from countries outside the EU/EEA who have been admitted to one of the tracks of the Master’s programme in Theology & Religious Studies:
- MA Religion and Pluralism: Ancient & Modern;
- MA Religion, Conflict and Globalization;
- MA Religion and Cultural Heritage;
- MA Religion, Health and Wellbeing.
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (” Studiefinanciering “)
- Have obtained conditional admission to one of the MA tracks in Theology and Religious Studies;
- H ave excellent academic performance and grades during their bachelor/ undergraduate studies;
- Not have already obtained a master’s degree from an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- Have excellent English language proficiency, in accordance with the admission requirements of the program;
- Be available for the whole period of the programme and be able to take part in the entire programme;
- Confirm in writing their agreement with the Grant when awarded with the Talent Grant.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Copy of your University of Groningen (conditional) admission letter to the MA Theology and Religious Studies programme from the Admission Board;
- Recommendation letter by a PhD or Professor from your current/last degree programme;
- Transcript of Records from your current/last degree programme;
- Letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should receive consideration for this grant;
- Curriculum Vitae.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
- Please send the form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for the Talent Grant, you should fill in the application form
NB: Please note: application forms without a letter of admissions to one of the above mentioned programmes will not receive consideration.
Applicants are to completely submit applications before the Deadline: March 1, 2023