Table of Contents
Introduction to the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2024
MEXT is a fully funded scholarship that the Japanese government sponsors. Applications are now open for the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2024 in Japan. This is the MEXT University Recommended Call for scholarship 2024.
You can apply for the Master’s and PhD degree programs at Tokyo University. IELTS is not required if you have completed your previous education at an English-medium university.
The study period will begin in October 2024. Japan offers excellent opportunities for international students to pursue their higher education and build their careers. Upon completing your degree program, you will be eligible to work in Japan and explore numerous job opportunities with attractive rewards and benefits in 2023. If you plan to stay in Japan for five years, you can apply for permanent settlement.
The University of Tokyo is consistently ranked as the top university in Japan, providing students with an outstanding learning experience. If you are interested in studying in Japan and pursuing research, you can explore the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2024, which offers detailed information about the scholarship program.
Details About the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2024
What is the MEXT University Recommended Scholarship?
MEXT is known for the Ministry of Education, sports, culture, science, and technology.
MEXT University’s recommended scholarship is awarded to international students by Japanese universities through the recommendation of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT).
- Master’s Program: October 2024 – September 2026 (2 years)
- Doctoral Program: October 2024 – September 2027 (3 years)
MEXT (UR) Scholarship Benefits
All the students will be awarded with:
- Monthly Stipend.
- The stipend for 2024 is not yet decided. But as an example, the monthly stipend for 2023 was:
- 144,000 yen/month for Masters
- 145,000 yen/month for Doctoral
- Round-trip airfare tickets are covered.
- Enrollment and tuition fees will be exempted.
Available Study Fields
- Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate School of Economics
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
- Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- Graduate Schools for Law and Politics
- Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Graduate School of Public Policy
- Graduate School of Science
- Applicants who have graduated with a bachelor’s degree can apply.
- An applicant must have a minimum CGPA of 2.30.
- applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1989
English Language Proficiency
Either you have B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale (e.g., TOEFL iBT 72 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above).
OR have completed a previous educational program whose primary language of instruction is English.
- Complete the online application form
- Field of Study and Research Plan
- Letter of recommendation
- Passport-type photo
- An official transcript from the last university
- Abstract of graduation thesis
- The official statement of the expected graduation of the last university attended
- A copy of the student’s passport
Scholarship Application Deadline
The last date to apply for the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2024 is October 31, 2023
How to Apply
First, before you begin your application process, you need to see the list of priority nationalities and the list of eligible countries for the MEXT University-recommended scholarship at the University of Tokyo.
Applicants can then submit an electronic application through the online portal. You must upload all the documents online. The link to the official website to begin applications is given below.
Applicants also visit: