The University of Manitoba’s Scholarship Program for International Students is a prestigious initiative designed to attract and support outstanding students from around the world. This comprehensive program offers a diverse range of scholarships and benefits, empowering students to pursue their academic goals in a culturally vibrant and academically excellent community. In this article, we will delve into the various benefits, extensive list of free courses, eligibility requirements, application process, selection criteria, and more related to the University of Manitoba Scholarship Program for International Students.
The University of Manitoba Scholarship, which can cover up to 50% of the international student differential tuition charge for the academic year, is given based on academic achievement and financial need. All new and continuing international undergraduate students who have shown financial need and academic achievement are eligible to apply, and each application is evaluated individually by a selection committee.
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Funding up to $240,000
Scholarship Program Overview:
Situated in the vibrant city of Winnipeg, Canada, the University of Manitoba attracts a diverse community of more than 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students. As a renowned public research university, the institution offers exceptional educational opportunities to international students seeking to pursue their academic aspirations. With a commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment, the University of Manitoba prioritizes the success of its students by providing access to esteemed faculty members, cutting-edge research prospects, and a range of comprehensive support services.
By offering a comprehensive scholarship program, the University of Manitoba further demonstrates its commitment to providing exceptional support to international students, facilitating their pursuit of academic excellence and personal growth. The scholarship program serves as a testament to the university’s dedication to nurturing the talents and ambitions of aspiring scholars, empowering them to overcome obstacles and achieve extraordinary success during their educational journey at the University of Manitoba.
Benefits of the University of Manitoba Scholarship Program:
1. Financial Support:
The University of Manitoba Scholarship Program provides generous financial support, including tuition fee waivers, living allowances, and travel grants, to alleviate the financial burden of studying abroad.
2. Academic Excellence:
Scholars have access to world-class faculty members, state-of-the-art research facilities, and extensive academic resources, enabling them to excel in their chosen fields.
3. Networking Opportunities:
Engage with a diverse community of students, faculty, and professionals, fostering valuable connections and promoting cultural exchange.
4. Mentorship and Support:
Scholars receive guidance and mentorship from experienced faculty members and advisors, enhancing their academic and personal growth.
5. Cultural Enrichment:
Immerse yourself in a multicultural environment, embracing new perspectives, and expanding global awareness.
Extensive List of Free Courses Offered by The University of Manitoba Scholarship Program :
As part of the University of Manitoba Scholarship Program, international students have the opportunity to enroll in a wide range of free courses across various disciplines. Some examples of the courses available include:
1. Introduction to Canadian Studies: Explores the history, culture, and society of Canada.
2. Global Health and Social Justice: Examines the intersection of health, ethics, and social justice on a global scale.
3. Environmental Sustainability and Stewardship: Focuses on sustainable practices and environmental conservation.
4. Business Communication in a Global Context: Enhances communication skills in an international business environment.
5. Cross-Cultural Psychology: Explores the impact of culture on human behavior and mental processes.
6. Indigenous Perspectives on Education: Examines the role of indigenous knowledge and practices in education.
7. Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Explores the principles of innovation and entrepreneurship in a global context.
Eligibility Requirements for The University of Manitoba Scholarship Program :
To be eligible for the University of Manitoba Scholarship Program for International Students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All students must complete courses in both the fall and winter terms to be eligible.
- In most cases, students must register for and complete at least 60 percent of a full course-load per term (i.e., a minimum of 9 credit hours per term). Graduate students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they are registered as full-time students over the fall and winter terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Students must meet minimum G.P.A. requirements. Continuing students must have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0. New students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher. Students admitted on Mature Student Status may also be eligible for bursary consideration.
- Financial need must be clearly documented on the application. Students who have applied for government students loans from other provinces must provide a copy of a current official government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need. Please note Manitoba Student Aid recipients do not need to submit a copy of their Notice of Assessment.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program
Application Process for The University of Manitoba Scholarship Program:
To apply for the University of Manitoba Scholarship Program for International Students, follow these steps:
1. Research Scholarships: Visit the official University of Manitoba website and explore the available scholarships, noting their eligibility criteria and application deadlines.
2. Prepare Required Documents: Gather the necessary documents, which may include academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, proof of English language proficiency (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS scores), and any other documents specified by the scholarship.
3. Complete the Application: Fill out the online application form accurately and provide all required information.
4. Submit Application: Submit the completed application before the specified deadline. Late submissions are generally not considered.
5. Track Application Status: Monitor your application status through the university’s online portal or contact the scholarship office for updates.
6. Scholarship Award Notification: If selected, you will receive a scholarship award notification, outlining the details of the scholarship, acceptance process, and any additional steps required.
The University of Manitoba Scholarship Program for International Students employs a rigorous selection process that may include evaluating the applicant’s academic achievements, leadership potential, extracurricular involvement, research experience, and alignment with the university’s values and goals. Each scholarship may have its own specific selection criteria, so it is essential to review the requirements for each scholarship being applied for.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Partial Funding up to $240,000
Applicants are to completely submit applications before the Deadline: October 1, 2023
You Might Also Like To Apply For The ICMS International Scholarship 2023 For Undergraduate Students | Study-In-Australia