TÜBÌTAK-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is calling for applications before November 15, 2022.
About the TÜBÌTAK-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK
) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS
) have established a Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for foreign scholars from developing countries in the South who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in a field of the natural and related applied sciences in the departments and laboratories of public and private universities of Turkey and TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
- Applications to the Fellowship must be submitted online only via the TÜBİTAK online application system.
- The Fellowships are tenable at the departments and laboratories of public and private universities in Turkey.
- Eligible fields under the program are the following: Agricultural Sciences, Structural, and Cell. & Molecular Biology, Biological Systems & Organisms, Medical & Health Sciences, including Neurosciences, Chemical Science, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space & Earth Science, Mathematical Sciences, Physics, Computing, and Information Technology.
- The Fellowship is offered for a sandwich research visit to Ph.D. students from developing countries who are registered for a Ph.D. in their home country or another developing country (other than Turkey).
- The language of instruction is English.
TÜBÌTAK-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Selection Criteria include:
- Be permanent residents and nationals of a developing country in the South;
- Candidates from Science and Technology Lagging countries (STLC) and women are especially encouraged to apply;
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Turkey or any developed country;
- Must be an employee in a developing country (other than the host country) and hold a research assignment there;
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in natural and related applied sciences (in one of the fields specified above);
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from an eligible department, institution, or laboratory of a public or private university in Turkey or TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes;
- Candidates who received their Ph.D. from a university in Turkey are required to receive an acceptance letter from a university other than the one where they received their doctorate, and carry out their research with an academic advisor(s) other than their doctoral thesis advisor;
- Provide the Research proposal form prepared in the format determined by TÜBİTAK;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members;
- Should not be a former award winner.
- Must return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- TWAS will be responsible for providing travel support to Turkey and from Turkey to the researchers’ home / living country and will also cover visa-related expenses.
- TÜBİTAK will be responsible for a monthly allowance to cover accommodation and living expenses and private health insurance premiums in Turkey at an amount to be specified by TÜBİTAK.
- The host institute should cover the study fees, including tuition, registration, and research costs.
- Funding grants will only suffice for a minimum period of 6 months to a maximum period of 36 months.
Application deadline November 15, 2022.