About the Swedish Institute Scholarships
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals offer a unique opportunity to develop professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other global professionals.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to sustainable development. The applicants should have a clear idea of how their education will contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries and regions. In 2023 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The scholarship is intended for a full-time, one- or two-year master’s program, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Swedish Institute opens the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester. To have a successful application, make sure to be eligible, complete all steps of the process, and that you have the documentation required to finalize your application in time.
Requirements for the Swedish Institute Scholarships
Country of citizenship
You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships. However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 30 March 2023.
You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer or civil society engagement.
The master’s programs you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programs within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university at the beginning of each semester.
- Monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply to students already living in Sweden.
- For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- For scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 11,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
Recommended: 7 Tips on Scholarship Application in 2023
The scholarship does not:
- Provide additional grants for family members.
- Cover the application fee to University Admissions.
- Allow changes to the study program. We are only able to support you through the awarded master’s program.
- Allow extensions or changes to the awarded scholarship period.
Required Documents for the Swedish Institute Scholarship.
A complete application consists of:
CV (SI template coming soon)
Letters of reference (SI template coming soon)
Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (SI template coming soon)
Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
How to apply
- Apply for a master’s program
DATE:17 OCT 2022 – 16 JAN 2023
- Apply for a Global Professionals scholarship
DATE:10 FEB 2023 – 28 FEB 2023
- SI screening and evaluation before admissions
DATE:1 MAR 2023 – 29 MAR 2023
- Notifications from University Admissions
DATE:30 MAR 2023
DATE:31 MAR 2023 – 27 APR 2023
For More Information: