Table of Contents
Introduction to the Sweden Government Scholarship
The Sweden Government Scholarship 2024/25 is now open for applications. International students can now start exploring degree programs and make sure to get an admission offer by January 15, 2024. Starting on November 1, 2023, you can apply for the Swedish Institute (SI) Global Professional Scholarship 2024. The SI Scholarship is managed by the Swedish Institute (SI), which is a government agency.
The Swedish Institute (SI) Scholarships in Sweden for international students are a fully funded scholarship to over 700 master’s programs. The duration of the master’s program can be either one year or two years. IELTS is not required for the SI Global Scholarship. But you have to fulfill the university admission requirements. The SI Global Scholarship includes tuition fees, living expenses, and health insurance. Students must also be able to cover the cost of books and materials. The scholarship does not cover the cost of flights to and from Sweden.
Below are additional details on the Swedish Government Scholarship 2024 application process.
Benefits of the Sweden Government Scholarship
The Swedish Institute Global Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship to study in Sweden. The SI scholarship for 2024 includes:
- Full tuition fee coverage.
- A monthly payment of SEK 12,000 for living expenses.
- Insurance against illness and accidents
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP)
Available Study Fields
There are over 700 of the 1000 English-taught master’s programs in Sweden. A wide range of degree programs are funded by the SI Global Scholarship, such as
- Agricultural Science,
- Medicine and public health,
- Natural science,
- Social science, and
Duration of Scholarship
The academic scholarship provided for full-time, one- or two-year master’s studies in Sweden.
International students must fulfill these requirements:
- You must secure admission to a Swedish university and get an offer letter by January 2024.
- You must apply for an eligible Master’s degree program.
- You must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- You must have completed 3000 hours of previous work experience.
Note: Valid work experience includes both full-time and part-time employment, for instance as an employee, freelancer, or employer.
Eligible Countries for the Sweden Government Scholarship
Please note that only eligible countries can apply for the Swedish Institute (SI) Global Professional Scholarship 2024. Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
It does not mean that citizens of other countries cannot apply for the Sweden scholarships. Citizens of other countries can also apply to the Autumn 2024 Master program till 15 January 2024 via https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/search and can apply for other Sweden scholarships.
How to Apply for the Sweden Government Scholarship 2024
For the SI Global Professionals Scholarship, the following procedures must be followed:
Step 1: Apply for a Master’s Program via University Admissions
This process is centralized. You can apply for up to four master’s programs. Here you can find the list of eligible programs for the SI scholarship 2024/2025.
- Go to UniversityAdmissions.se search for courses for Autumn 2024, and apply for your master’s program(s) by 15 January 2024.
- You will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits after completing your application.
- If you have any questions related to university admissions, Please contact University Admissions
Step 2: Apply for a Global Professionals Scholarship (SI)
The SI scholarship portal will open on 1st November 2023 and close on 28th February 2024.
- Prepare these documents for the SI Scholarship:
- CV 2024/2025. The CV should not exceed three pages
- Two reference letters
- Proof of work experience
- Valid Passport Copy
- Motivation Letter
Important Dates for Sweden Government Scholarship 2024
- 16 October 2023–15 January 2024: Apply to Swedish master’s programs through University Admissions.
- 1st November 2023: SI Scholarship application documents are published.
- 12-28th February 2024: The application portal for the SI Scholarship is open.
- 21st March 2024: University admissions announcement day
- 25th April 2024: SI Scholarship Announcement Day
Note that the SI Global Professional Scholarship 2024 is also a fully funded scholarship in Sweden that covers tuition, living, travel costs, and health insurance.
Ready to apply?
Applicants also visit: