Table of Contents
Introduction to the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme
Applications are now open for the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme. The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCO), operator of Oil Mining Lease 118 on behalf of itself and other co-ventures consisting of Nigerian Agip Exploration, Total Energies Nigeria, and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria (Deepwater) Limited under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) with Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC), hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo National University Programme.
The programme is designed to support the educational growth and development of young Nigerians by providing them with the necessary resources to achieve academic excellence. The initiative awards successful applicants with a yearly grant that covers tuition and living expenses throughout their undergraduate degree programme, from the second year to completion. The scholarship is only available to Nigerian citizens who have been admitted to Nigerian universities and are pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree. To qualify, applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic achievements, leadership skills, and a strong commitment to community service. With this scholarship, aspiring students can focus on their studies without financial worries and contribute positively to their communities.
To be eligible to apply for the opportunity, applicants must:
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be in their second year of full-time study at a Nigerian university accredited by the NUC.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems; and
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity in the oil and gas industry, national or international.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Nigerian students who are studying full-time at Nigerian universities are eligible to apply for the program. Successful candidates will receive an annual stipend of 200,000 naira, and the scholarship will cover tuition and book allowance for the entire duration of their course. This opportunity provides great financial aid to students who are dedicated to their studies and are looking for ways to fund their education.
Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Results
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level/OND/NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- A letter of Identification from State of Origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- Cumulative Grade Point Average after the first year, i.e. candidate must have completed and have results of 2 academic semesters at the minimum
- All candidates are required to fill out and sign the official government declaration form.
How to Apply
Please note that the deadline for applications for the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme is November 10, 2023. If you are interested in applying, it is highly recommended that you visit the official announcement page (link provided below) for comprehensive information on the scholarship program before starting your application. It is crucial to ensure that you meet all the requirements outlined above to avoid any rejection of your application. We encourage you to take the time to carefully review all the details before proceeding with your application to increase your chances of success.