Dutch MDF Full Scholarships provide a unique opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to help develop and transform societies. With MDF courses available, you cangain the knowledge and experience you need to succeed.
We invite all those interested in applying to submit their applications before the closing date.
We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the MDF scholarships from 8 February to 30 March 2023.
These scholarships are available through the MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) and the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)
- Host Country: Netherlands
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation | Visa Assistance
Priority areas for the OKP scholarships
- The Dutch Ministry who is financing the scholarships aims at sustainable capacity development of organizations working in or around one of the four focus areas: First on Sexual and reproductive health and rights, and Security and the rule of law. The others are food security and water. You should indicate in your application when you work in one of these focus areas.
- Each of the Dutch Embassies in the OKP countries works within the policy lines of the Dutch government. Within this framework, they have set priorities for their field of work. For detailed information, please visit the Embassy website to find out more. We would like to emphasize that applications that do not fit with the Country Focus have a small chance of being selected.
- There is a further priority for people from Sub Saharan Africa and for women.
To be eligible for OKP scholarships:
- The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, funder of the NFP OKP and MSP programmes, has set a list of eligible countries. Professionals who are nationals of and work and live in one of these 52 OKP countries can apply.
- You must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
- multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
- large national and/or a large commercial organization,
- bilateral donor organizations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- multilateral donor organizations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- You must have an official and valid passport;
- You must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- You must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (only if applicable, please check this overview);
- you have an employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement that should be printed on your organization’s official letterheaded paper;
- You have a good command of English or French to be able to participate fully in the training. MDF Training & Consultancy reserves the right to check this.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The full OKP scholarships will cover all participants support costs:
- travel costs,
- excursions, and
- of course the training fee.
The selection procedure at MDF Training & Consultancy, the Dutch Embassy and Nuffic continues as follows:
- MDF Training & Consultancy will nominate suitable candidates in Delta;
- Dutch Embassy in your country will indicate eligibility and suitability based on the Dutch ministries priorities and the Embassy priorities (check their priorities online);
- The Dutch Embassy will rank each of the eligible candidates;
- NUFFIC decides based on the available budget who of the candidates will be awarded a sponsorship;
- NUFFIC communicates the selected candidates to MDF Training & Consultancy;
- MDF Training & Consultancy will check with the candidates whether they can accept the sponsorship;
- MDF Training & Consultancy informs non-eligible candidates of the reason;
- The candidate needs to apply for a visa at the Embassy in her/his country with a supporting letter from MDF Training & Consultancy as soon as possible.
Documents Required for Application
The required documents:
- Copy of a valid passport
- Employers letter, see step 1.
- Government statement, see step 1.
Method of Application
Check to see if you meet the application criteria. Since the application procedure takes quite some time we advise you to start well in advance!
You only need to apply in Delta.
Delta is an online registration system of Nuffic where you apply for a scholarship. You can register in Delta about two months before the respective application deadline.
- Look at the overview above for available OKP&MSP sponsored courses and read the course description.
- Before you start in Delta, you need to have all the required documents and information ready, as you will need to submit them online during one session. Learn more on how to apply in Delta (see guidelines). Required documents are only accepted in pdf format (max 2 Mb).
- Your motivation in the registration form: Have this prepared so you can copy/paste it into the online application form. This motivation will weigh heavily in the selection procedure. Questions that are asked in your application are:
– What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
– How will this course enable you to address this issue?
– How will you address this issue with your position within your organisation?
For OKP: go to this DELTA website, include the required information, upload your documents and complete the registration.
For MSP: go to this DELTA website, include the required information, upload your documents and complete the registration.
NB: You cannot update or complete your information after you have submitted your application. If you want to update your information or documents, you have to register once more in Delta. You can leave the field ‘reference number’ empty.
Applicants are to completely submit applications before the Deadline: March 30, 2023