Females who has the academic and personal qualities to receives the Durham University Hatfield Lioness Scholarship enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course,
They are also expected to act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Monthly Stipend | Airfare Return Ticket | Visa Cost
Hatfield College is a college of Durham University in England. Founded in 1846 by David Melville, it was the second college to be associated with the university, after University College Hatfield College intends to award the Lioness Scholarship into an individual with the personal and academic qualities to allow them to finish and benefit from a postsecondary training course.
Also, that can even work as a constructive ambassador to his or her property country in Durham.
To receive consideration for the scholarship;
- Applicants must be on their chosen master’s programme by June 2023.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
- Hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course ; and
- Have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- Not hold a Master’s degree; and
- Not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Selection Criteria: Applications will receive consideration on: academic merit, personal qualities that fit with the chosen degree programme to the candidate’s aims.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only and not dependants
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link provided below;
- Stage 1: Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship;
- Stage 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship via this application form;
- Stage 3: Submit all supporting documents (Durham University offer letter, academic transcript, references and IELTS certificate) via email to email@example.com by the deadline.
Applicants are completely submit applications before the Deadline: March 31, 2023