The Danish Government Masters Scholarship of the University of Copenhagen (UCPH) offers a limited number of tuition waivers and grants through the Danish Government Scholarship program.
The scholarships are competitive and offered to highly talented students with outstanding academic records from non-EU/EEU countries. All non-EU/EEA applicants offer admission will automatically receive consideration for the scholarship.
- Host: Danish Government
- Location: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Award Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
- Deadline: January 15, 2023
The Danish Government Scholarship awards either as full or partial tuition fee waivers and/or as an amount that covers basic living costs.
The University awards the scholarships solely on the basis of academic achievement; thus, financial need does not receive consideration. For faculty-specific selection criteria, procedures etc., please refer to the bottom of this page.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, you must be:
- A citizen of a country outside the EU, EEA (the European Economic Area) or Switzerland
- Admitted to a master’s degree program at the University of Copenhagen
- Granted a time-limited residence permit for the purpose of studying a higher educational program in Denmark.
You are not eligible for a Danish Government Scholarship if you:
- Have a legal claim to the rights of Danish citizens
- Are eligible for a grant in accordance with Danish law regarding the State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme (SU)
- Have been granted a residence permit at the time of admission by the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9c, subsection 1, as the child of a foreign citizen who has been granted a residence permit in accordance with the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9m, and who is a citizen of a country that is not acceded to the EU or covered by the EEA agreement.
- All non-EU/EEA applicants to the University of Copenhagen’s MA/MSc degree programs will automatically be considered for the Danish Government Scholarship, provided they are eligible. Thus, it is not necessary to apply.
- UCPH will contact those who get nominated via the e-mail stated in their application for admission. The nominees have to either decline or accept the scholarship.
- If you are offered a scholarship, but do not accept it within the deadline specified in the e-mail, the scholarship offer will be revoked, and the scholarship will be offered to another applicant. Thus, it is very important that you make sure to check your e-mail on a regular basis. The University recommends checking your spam folder or other e-mail filters, as e-mails might be directed from your inbox to the spam folder.