DAAD TU Berlin Summer University Scholarships is a scholarship that provides free tuition, supported by the TU Berlin.
The TU Berlin Summer School will be offering one scholarship, the TU Berlin President’s Scholarship to an exceptional applicant applying to participate in the course of the 2023 TU Berlin Summer Program.
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Partial Scholarship
Scholarships are provided with the support of the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) and the TU Berlin Summer University.
The selection process will be carried out by the Scholarship Commission of the TU Berlin Summer University.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. You must be a current student (enrolled) at the time of application
2. You must reside outside of Germany
3. You must fulfill the requirements of the TU Berlin Summer School: All applicants are required to be proficient in English (B2, CEFR)and have completed at least one year of university (or can demonstrate equivalent work experience).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Scholarship funding is available as follows:
- Living expenses support of €1000, supported by the DAAD (multiple scholarships available).
- Partial travel expenses support (for flight costs, calculated based on the country of origin), supported by the DAAD (multiple scholarships available).
- The TU Berlin President’s Scholarship, which is a full scholarship including living expenses, travel expenses, and free tuition, is supported by the TU Berlin. This scholarship will give awarded to ONE applicant only.
All applicants who apply for a scholarship with the TU Berlin Summer University will receive consideration for all three of the above scholarships.
All participants who are awardees of a scholarship under items (1) or (2) above, will need to pay the course fees on their own. Please check the course details on our website for fee information.
To apply for a scholarship, please include the following documents and combine them into one PDF:
- Motivation letter (approx. 1-2 pages)
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Transcript of records (official grade list)
- Recommendation letter from one of your professors (recommended but not mandatory). Note: unsigned letters will not receive consideration
Method of Application
Please read the following instructions carefully and ensure that you complete each step. Incomplete applications will not receive consideration.
- Register for the TU Berlin Summer School via our online registration portal, selecting the course that you wish to participate in. Scholarship applicants should only submit applications for on-campus courses.
- Complete all the required steps as prompted but do not pay the 60€ registration fee
- Upload your application as one PDF file including the 4 documents listed below. The application should be uploaded in the “DOCUMENTS section” of the application form (in the online registration portal).